|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Farming near Nirmal
|• Total||32.06 km2 (12.38 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,800/km2 (7,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Sex ratio||50:50 ♂/♀|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Adilabad|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Nirmal|
The name Nirmal is derived from one of its famous 17th century rulers, Nimma Naidu. He was a great patron of the arts, encouraging the art of toy making out of teak and poniki, a unique tender wood, which flourished in his time bringing significance to the town. Toy making is a small-scale industry in the town.
Nirmal is located at  It has an average elevation of 340 metres (1100 feet)..
At the 2011 India census, the total population of Nirmal Town was 88,433. While the population is 88,433, there are 44,053 males in the City (49.82%) and 44,380 females are there (50.18%). Of 10,303 children below 6 years of age, there 5,315 males and 4,988 females. .as per the house hold survey conducted by telangana govt in august 2014 the population of nirmal town is 116800.
The native languages originally were Marathi and Gond. Major languages are Urdu, Telugu. Telugu has been the official language since 1956.nirmal nirmal koyya bommalu online //http://www.nirmalcity.com/nirmal_toys_2.html
Government and politics
Nirmal Municipality was constituted in 1987 and is classified as a third grade municipality with 36 election wards. The jurisdiction of the civic body is spread over an area of 32.06 km2 (12.38 sq mi).
Nirmal Assembly constituency is a constituency of Telangana Legislative Assembly, India. It is one of 10 constituencies in Adilabad district. It comes under Adilabad (Lok Sabha constituency) along with six other Assembly constituencies. In this constituency there are five mandals,Nirmal, Dilawarpur, Laxmanchanda, Mamda and Sarangapur.
- Allola Indrakaran Reddy – Housing, Law and Endowments Minister of Telangana – Telangana Rashtra Samithi
- Godam Nagesh – MP – Telangana Rashtra Samithi
- Appala Ganesh Chakravarthy – Municipal Chairman – Telangana Rashtra samithi
Nirmal is well connected by road to state capital, Hyderabad through NH44 and which is 210 km away as well as 270 km away from Nagpur in Maharashtra as well as 658 km away from kalyan in Mumbai through NH222. TSRTC runs buses from Nirmal to Hyderabad, Nizamabad and Adilabad for every 30 minutes. Nirmal bus station is the biggest in the district.
- "Urban Local Body Information" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Telangana. Retrieved 28 June 2016.
- "District Census Handbook – Adilabad" (PDF). Census of India. The Registrar General & Census Commissioner. pp. 13, 44. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc – Nirmal