Nirmal Kumar Sidhanta
He was educated at the renowned Scottish Church College in Calcutta, and at the University of Cambridge, from where he earned an MA degree. After starting out as a lecturer at the Scottish Church College, he moved on to be a professor of English and as dean of the faculty of Arts at the University of Lucknow. He would serve as the Vice Chancellor of the University of Calcutta from 15 May 1955 to 9 October 1960.
- Some Alumni of Scottish Church College in 175th Year Commemoration Volume. Scottish Church College, April 2008. page 586
- Teaching Staff: English in 175th Year Commemoration Volume. Scottish Church College, April 2008. page 572
- Appointment and procedure --- from Government of India website
- List of Vice Chancellors of the University of Calcutta Archived 8 August 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- Padma Bhushan awardees
- Honoris Causa Archived 8 August 2011 at the Wayback Machine.