|District of Telangana|
Location of Nirmal district in Telangana
|• District collector||Prashanthi|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Adilabad|
|• Total||3,845 km2 (1,485 sq mi)|
|• Density||180/km2 (480/sq mi)|
|• Literacy||57.77 %|
|Major highways||434 km|
The district is situated on the Deccan Plateau comprising fertile lands drained by the River Godavari, that flows along its southern boundary. The district is spread over an area of 3,845 square kilometres (1,485 sq mi). The District is landlocked sharing boundaries with Adilabad on the North, Komaram Bheem Asifabad on North East, Mancherial on the East, Jagityal & Nizamabad (along with River Godavari) to the South and Nanded District of Maharashtra State on the West.
As of 2011[update] Census of India, the district has a population of 709,418. The district has the highest Male to female ratio in Telangana, with 1046 females to 1000 males. More than 78% of the population lives in Rural areas. With only 185 persons per sq. km. the district has the 6th lowest population density among all districts of Telangana.
- "Telangana New Districts Names 2016 Pdf TS 31 Districts List". Timesalert.com. 11 October 2016. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Nirmal district" (PDF). Chief Commissioner of Land Administration. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- "New districts map". newdistrictsformation.telangana.gov.in. Retrieved 22 August 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "New districts". Andhra Jyothy.com. 8 October 2016. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- "Clipping of Andhra Jyothy Telugu Daily - Hyderabad". Andhra Jyothy. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- "K Chandrasekhar Rao appoints collectors for new districts". Deccan Chronicle. 11 October 2016. Retrieved 13 October 2016.