|Elevation||139 m (456 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||JH 10|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Dhanbad|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Nirsa|
Nirsa is located at  It has an average elevation of 139 metres (456 ft)..
Nirsa police station serves Nirsa CD Block.
CD Block HQ
Headquarters of Nirsa CD Block is at Nirsa.
As of 2001[update] India census, Nirsa had a population of 13,903. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Nirsa has an average literacy rate of 68%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 76%, and female literacy is 65%. In Nirsa, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
As per 2011 census the total number of literates in Nirsa was 10,199 out of which 5,820 were males and 4,379 were females.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Nirsa
- "Dhanbad – Welcome to the Coal Capital of India". Administrative Structure of Dhanbad District – List of Thana and Outpost of Dhanbad Outpost. Jharkhand Government. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "District Census Handbook 2011 Series 21 Part XIIB" (PDF). Map on Page 3. Directorate of Census Operations, Jharkhand. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "2011 Census C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". Jharkhand – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 21 December 2015.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Coalmining impact on the Environment" (PDF). Chapter V: Table 5.2. shodganga.infibnet. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
|This article related to a location in Jharkhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|