Nirvana in Fire
|Nirvana in Fire|
Nirvana in Fire promotional image
|Based on||Lang Ya Bang by Hai Yan|
|Written by||Hai Yan|
|Directed by||Kong Sheng|
|Theme music composer||Meng Ke|
|Opening theme||Main Theme|
by Meng Ke
|Ending theme||When the Wind Blows|
by Hu Ge
|Country of origin||China|
|Original language||Mandarin Chinese|
|No. of episodes||54 (list of episodes)|
|Production locations||Hengdian World Studios|
Xiang Shan Studios
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||40–45 minutes|
|Production companies||Shandong Film & TV Production Co.,Ltd.|
Daylight Entertainment (Dongyang) Television Ltd.
|Original network||Dragon TV|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||September 19 –|
October 15, 2015
|Followed by||Nirvana in Fire II: The Wind Blows in Chang Lin|
Nirvana in Fire (Chinese: 琅琊榜; pinyin: Lángyá Bǎng) is a 2015 Chinese historical drama based on Hai Yan's book Lang Ya Bang (瑯琊榜). It was directed by Kong Sheng and Li Xue, and stars Hu Ge, Liu Tao and Wang Kai as Mei Changsu, Princess Nihuang and Prince Jing. The series tells the story of Lin Shu, who, under the alias Mei Changsu, enters the capital of Liang to seek justice for a conspiracy that labeled his family as traitors 12 years before. It originally aired two episodes daily on Beijing TV and Dragon TV, Monday through Sunday from 19:30 to 21:00, from September 19 to October 15, 2015.
The drama was a commercial and critical success, surpassing 100 million online views by its second day, and receiving a total number of views on iQiyi of over 3.3 billion by the end of the series. Nirvana in Fire was considered a social media phenomenon, generating 3.55 billion posts on Sina Weibo that praised its characters and story-line. As of December 2016, it has a total view of 13 billion views as reported by VLinkage.
The drama was also one of the recipients of the Outstanding Television Drama Award at the Flying Apsaras Awards, the highest government honor given for outstanding achievement in the television industry. Kong Sheng also won the Outstanding Director Award for his work in Nirvana in Fire. In 2016, SARFT recognized the series as one of the top 20 most outstanding dramas of the year. It was also nominated for the Magnolia Award for Best Television Series at the 22nd Shanghai Television Festival.
Its sequel, Nirvana in Fire II: The Wind Blows in Chang Lin, aired from December 2017 to February 2018. In the end of 2020, Daylight Productions announced that a third season is currently in the works.
In 6th-century China, there was a war between feudal Northern Wei and Southern Liang dynasties. The Liang commander general, Lin Xie, his 19-year-old son, Lin Shu, and the Chiyan Army defeated hostile Wei forces. However, when the Chiyan were weakened from the battle, they were massacred under the Emperor's orders. Unknown to the king, the Chiyan were framed by political rivals, who claimed that they were conspiring a rebellion with the then-crown prince, Prince Qi. As a result, Prince Qi and members of the Lin manor were also unjustly executed. Qi's mother, Consort Chen, and Lin Shu's mother, sister of the king, committed suicide.
Lin Shu survived but was poisoned by the Poison of the Bitter Flame. To save his life, the master of Langya Hall, Lin Chen, gave him a treatment that ultimately led to Lin Shu's altered appearance and weakened state. For the next twelve years, he establishes the Jiang Zuo Alliance and becomes chief of the pugilist world as Mei Changsu. Lin Shu then returns to the capital during the fight for the throne between Prince Yu and Prince Xian. He uses this opportunity to restore his family's innocence as well as secretly help his childhood friend, the unfavored Prince Jing, become Emperor.
Under the name Su Zhe, Lin Shu becomes a strategist, who supports Prince Yu on the surface. He helps him take down the Crown Prince and his powerful ally, Marquess Xie Yu. Secretly, he assists Prince Jing as he rises in power and favor. While also investigating Xie Yu, Lin Shu discovers new details in the Chiyan conspiracy. He realizes that Xia Jiang, head of the Xuan Jing Bureau, was the instigator who framed Prince Qi and the Chiyan Army so that Prince Qi could not dissolve the Xuan Jing Bureau when he becomes emperor.
After the Crown Prince falls from grace, Prince Yu and his own strategist, Qin Banruo, become suspicious of Mei Changsu after they see Prince Jing's sudden rise in power. Although he is advised to stop advancing for the throne, Prince Yu forms an alliance with Xia Jiang, who agrees to help him to prevent the Chiyan case from being re-investigated under Prince Jing, for fear that the prince would uncover Xia's lies. Despite their plan to use the capture of ex-Chiyan general, Wei Zheng, to create bad blood between Prince Jing and his father, the plan backfires, with Xia Jiang arrested and his Bureau seized and searched. Prince Yu's previous crimes are also revealed, causing him to be demoted and put under house arrest. Qin Banruo later persuades him to hold a rebellion while his father is away at the Spring Hunt with Prince Jing and Mei Changsu.
Despite arriving with a more powerful army compared to the small number of soldiers stationed at the Hunt, Prince Yu fails. He later commits suicide in prison. Meanwhile, Xia Jiang escapes prison during the rebellion attempt and deduces that Mei Changsu is Lin Shu. He attempts to regain the Emperor's trust by uncovering Mei's identity and accusing Prince Jing of conspiring with the strategist as the reason for the prince's quick rise in power. Although the Emperor imprisons Xia Jiang again, he attempts to kill Mei Changsu to prevent further messes, but is stopped by Prince Jing.
Together, Prince Jing and Mei Changsu plan for the reopening of the Chiyan case. At the Emperor's birthday celebration, the Prince has Grand Princess Liyang, the wife of Xie Yu, bring up the case in front of the emperor with evidence from Xie Yu's confession. Although angered by the sudden accusation of his mistakes, the Emperor is rendered powerless and finally agrees to reopen the case. After investigating, he pronounces Prince Qi, Lin Xie, Lin Shu, and the entire Chiyan army innocent.
After accomplishing his mission, Mei Changsu hears news of Northern Wei forces taking advantage of the political unrest by invading Da Liang. He resolves to take up arms to drive off the Southern forces (Da Yu), as that is what Lin Shu would have done. Mei takes Lin Chen's medication, which gives himself strength for three months, so he can lead Liang forces to defeat the enemy. He ultimately does not return to the capital. Several years later, Prince Jing becomes the new Emperor. When Commander Meng Zhi requests for Emperor Jing to name the newly merged militia, he names it "Chang Lin" army, in honor of Lin Shu and Mei Chang Su.
- Main cast
- Zhang Zhehan as teenage Lin Shu
- Pan Xiao Yang as teenage Nihuang
- Jiang Zuo Alliance
- Liang Royal Family
- Victor Huang as Xiao Jinghuan, Prince Yu
- Liu Min Tao as Concubine Jing
- Ding Yong Dai as the Emperor
- Gao Xin as Xiao Jingxuan, Crown Prince Xian
- Zhang Yan Yan as Grand Princess Liyang
- Fang Xiao Li as Empress Yan
- Yang Yu Ting as Noble Consort Yue
- Ningwen Tong as Prince Ji
- Ji Chen as Xiao Jingyu, Prince Qi
- Zheng Yu Zhi as Grand Empress Dowager
- Lina Chen as Consort Hui
- Royal Court and nobles
- Chen Long as Meng Zhi
- Tan Xi He as Gao Zhan
- Zhang Ling Xin as Xia Dong
- Wang Yong Quan as Xia Jiang
- Wang Jinsong as Marquis Yan Que
- Cheng Hao Feng as Xiao Jingrui
- Guo Xiao Ran as Yan Yujin
- Liu Yijun as Marquis Xie Yu
- Zhang Xiao Qian as Mu Qing
- Kuang Mu Ye as Xie Bi
- Sui Yu Meng as Xie Qi
- Zheng Sheng Li as General Lin Xie
- Feng Hui as Shen Zhui
- Lee Duo as Cai Quan
- Liu Guanlin as Xia Chun
- Sui Shuyang as Xia Qiu
- Zhang Yujian as Lie Zhanying
- Liu Yang as General Qi Meng
- Zhang Ju Ming as Xiao Tingsheng
In April 2011, Shandong Television Media Group acquired the film adaption rights for the popular 2007 internet novel written by Hai Yan, Lang Ya Bang, which has been called the "Chinese version of The Count of Monte Cristo". Producer Hou Hongliang thought that the original novel conveyed the kind of emotion people are most attracted to, the characters' inner strength and revenge, and therefore decided to adapt the novel for television. The series' overall investment of the costume drama was more than one hundred million yuan, and the director and producer strived for majestic atmosphere with poetic, beautiful images.
Director Kong Sheng and Hou Hongliang, who have been friends for 20 years, have worked together in The Age of Iron, Chuang Guandong, All Quiet in Peking, and The Line and other television productions. The original author, Hai Yan, said that she had no intention to make Lang Ya Bang into a television series, but Shandong producers encouraged her to do so, while also offering her the role as the drama's screenwriter, despite the fact that she had no such experience. The writing of the script lasted from mid-October 2012 to April 2013. Hai Yan stated that the story "will certainly be changed in details, but the framework, the characters and the plot is set to no major changes..., we are most concerned about the preservation of the outcome of Mei Changsu. I think, according to my personal standards, 80% of the script is original." Hou Hongliang said in earlier interviews that the series "highlights justice, patriotism and brotherhood".
Although it was not intended for any historical backstory corresponding to a certain dynasty, for the sake of the costumes, props and set designs, Nirvana in Fire was set during the Northern and Southern dynasties. Hou Hongliang stated that "characters will be relatively free flowing, in line with ancient individuals that are typically imagined."
Notable members of production include Sun Molong and Li Gang as directors of photography, Meng Ke as head composer, Jiang Guangtuo in charge of the dubbing, Liu Jie as the stunt director, Wang Huo, Su Zhiyong and Shao Changyong as the artistic designers, Ru Mei Qi as the fashion designer, Kong Gezi in charge of visual effects, and Liu Lei in charge of sound recordings.
The original Chinese title of the series means "The List from Langya", a list that gathers the most talented people of the fictional land in the story. The English title Nirvana in Fire was chosen to attract foreign viewers and reflects the main character Mei Changsu's suffering and his ultimate liberation "from an endless cycle of personal reincarnations".
It was announced in mid-December 2013 that Hu Ge, Victor Huang, Wang Kai and Chen Long would act as Mei Changsu, Prince Yu, Prince Jing and Meng Zhi in the drama. When the cast and crew were formally established, they officially started shooting on February 12, 2014 at Hengdian World Studios. The shooting was separated into three groups, shooting at Hengdian, Xiangshan Global Studios, western Zhejiang grasslands, Wuxi and others. Location shooting was finished in June 2014, and entered post-production.
|Nirvana in Fire|
Original Soundtrack (OST)
|Soundtrack album by |
|Released||October 26, 2015|
"When the Wind Blows (风起时)", sung by Hu Ge, is the main theme song of the drama, with "Faded Beauty (红颜旧)" and "Loyal Blood Forever Runs Red (赤血长殷)" acting as insert songs. The rest of the tracks are instrumental and performed by various artists. "When the Wind Blows" was composed by Meng Ke, with lyrics written by Hai Yan. "Faded Beauty" was composed by Zhao Jialin and written by Yuan Liang. "Loyal Blood Forever Runs Red" was composed by Yu Haihang and written by Qing Yan and Bing Feng.
The series garnered critical acclaim, with many positive reviews and discussions surfacing on the internet through Weibo. It topped viewership ratings in fifty cities in China and enjoyed high audience ratings in Taiwan (average: 1.6%, highest: 2.52%). The drama is also immensely popular overseas and has been translated to and dubbed in different languages. On CJ E&M's cable channel China Television, the drama set a record of 1.8% (0.8% nationally) in the Seoul region.
People's Daily praised the production's attention to historical detail, from clothing to etiquette, and highlighted it as one of the reasons audiences could buy the premise. Week in China wrote that "the theme of correcting the wrongs of an emperor and pursuing justice for a faithful few clearly resonates with the viewers – especially given the ongoing debates in modern China about issues like the rule of law." The Straits Times called it an "accomplished hybrid of historical and idol drama", saying that the story puzzles the viewers until the veil falls off around episode 50 when "the excitement of discovery wears off".
Douban gave the drama 9.3 out of 10 from more than 435,000 user reviews, with the series being dubbed as "China's Game of Thrones" due to its popularity. Nirvana in Fire was included in SARFT's 2016 statement "Introduction to Good Dramas", as an example of "natural presentation" of Chinese heritage, with its success as evidence for Chinese culture's "great potential" in costume TV series.
On the other hand, the reception of the drama in Hong Kong was mixed, local TVB channel, which broadcast the series quite late, in May 2016, registered falling viewership ratings. Some viewers found it "boring" and "slow", while younger generations preferred to watch the episodes online, instead of waiting for the television broadcast, which can also explain the lower viewership ratings. Fans of the show were dissatisfied with the Cantonese dubbing, the changing of the opening and closing songs, as well as the station's decision to cut the series down to 47 episodes in total. Industry experts also theoretized that Hong Kong audience may have been unfamiliar with this style of drama, and the actors were not as well known to them, either.
Certain scenic spots in China have also been changed to Langya Ge (Langya Hall) to attract tourists. Although Anhui, Jiangsu and Shandong province all claim to be where the drama is set, Hai Yan clarified that the setting was fictitious. Due to its popularity in Korea, Tourbucket launched a "Lang Ya Bang" tour of the drama's film location. Fans reportedly wore Mei Changsu's signature cloak during the tour. The publications for the web novel was highly anticipated, with the number of pre-orders reaching new highs. At the 2015 Big Data Index of Culture and Entertainment Industry Conference, the character, Mei Changsu, was named the year's "most talked-about television character (online)". The success of the adaption ushered in the original book's sales increase by more than 3,300 percent on Amazon.
- Highest ratings are marked in red, lowest ratings are marked in blue
|China Dragon TV / Beijing TV premiere ratings (CSM50)|
|Episodes||Broadcast date||Dragon TV||Beijing TV|
|Ratings (%)||Audience share (%)||Rank||Ratings (%)||Audience share (%)||Rank|
|1–2||September 19, 2015||0.482||1.38||10||0.574||1.64||6|
|3–4||September 20, 2015||0.587||1.65||8||0.594||1.67||7|
|5–6||September 21, 2015||0.517||1.48||10||0.573||1.64||6|
|7–8||September 22, 2015||0.544||1.56||9||0.529||1.52||10|
|9–10||September 23, 2015||0.690||1.98||4||0.603||1.73||8|
|11–12||September 24, 2015||0.749||2.11||4||0.531||1.50||9|
|13–14||September 25, 2015||0.694||2.00||4||0.661||1.92||5|
|15–16||September 26, 2015||0.739||2.07||4||0.649||1.82||5|
|17–18||September 27, 2015||0.730||1.99||3||0.523||1.43||5|
|19–20||September 28, 2015||0.655||1.82||3||0.604||1.68||4|
|21–22||September 29, 2015||0.727||1.97||4||0.833||2.26||3|
|23–24||September 30, 2015||0.751||1.99||4||0.832||2.21||3|
|25–26||October 1, 2015||0.671||1.97||4||0.825||2.41||3|
|27–28||October 2, 2015||0.702||2.11||4||0.831||2.50||2|
|29–30||October 3, 2015||0.715||2.08||4||0.720||2.10||3|
|31–32||October 4, 2015||0.865||2.47||3||0.755||2.15||4|
|33–34||October 5, 2015||0.794||2.24||5||0.869||2.45||4|
|35–36||October 6, 2015||0.928||2.55||5||0.977||2.69||4|
|37–38||October 7, 2015||0.897||2.35||3||1.044||2.73||1|
|39–40||October 8, 2015||1.081||2.99||2||0.691||1.91||6|
|41–42||October 9, 2015||1.055||2.90||2||1.017||2.79||3|
|43–44||October 10, 2015||1.057||2.84||3||1.185||3.18||1|
|45–46||October 11, 2015||1.161||3.11||2||1.223||3.28||1|
|47–48||October 12, 2015||1.063||3.03||2||1.254||3.57||1|
|49–50||October 13, 2015||1.072||2.96||3||1.196||3.30||1|
|51–52||October 14, 2015||0.987||2.76||4||1.085||3.03||1|
|53–54||October 15, 2015||1.159||3.27||1||1.050||2.96||2|
Awards and nominations
|15th "Wind from the East" Influential Entertainers||Entertainer of the Year||Hu Ge||Won|||
|Most Powerful TV Actor of the Year||Jin Dong||Won|
|Most Popular TV Actor of the Year||Wang Kai||Won|
|Best Television Director of the Year||Kong Sheng||Won|
|2016 iQiyi All-Star Carnival||Drama of the Year||Nirvana in Fire||Won|||
|TV Actor of the Year||Hu Ge (also for The Disguiser and Good Times)||Won|
|TV Drama Producer of the Year||Hou Hongliang (also for The Disguiser)||Won|
|30th Flying Apsaras Awards||Outstanding Television Drama (historical)||Nirvana in Fire||Won|||
|Outstanding Director||Kong Sheng||Won|
|Outstanding Actor||Hu Ge||Nominated|||
|Outstanding Actress||Liu Tao||Nominated|
|6th Macau International Television Festival||Best Television Producer||Hou Hongliang||Won|||
|Outstanding Television Series||Nirvana in Fire||Won|
|7th China TV Drama Awards||Top Ten Television Series||Won|||
|Best Director||Kong Sheng, Li Xue||Won|
|Best Actor||Hu Ge||Won|
|Best Supporting Actor||Victor Huang||Won|
|Most Popular Actor (Mainland China)||Wang Kai||Won|
|Industry Contribution Award||Hou Hongliang (also for The Disguiser)||Won|
|14th China's Annual Top List||Entertainer of the Year||Hu Ge||Won|||
|Drama of the Year||Nirvana in Fire||Won|
|Forbes China Original Culture Billboard Awards||Best Original TV Adaption||Won|||
|Weibo Night Awards Ceremony||Most Powerful Actor of the Year||Jin Dong||Won|||
|Most Powerful Actress of the Year||Liu Tao||Won|
|Best Newcomer of the Year||Leo Wu||Won|
|Man of the Year||Wang Kai||Won|
|Best Performance by an Actress||Liu Min Tao||Won|
|Best Performance by an Actor||Liu Yijun||Won|
|Best Television Series Producer||Hou Hongliang||Won|
|State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television||Top 20 Most Outstanding Dramas of 2015||Nirvana in Fire||Won|
|1st China Quality Television Drama Ceremony||Quality Grand Award||Won|||
|Audience Favorite TV Series (Dragon TV)||Won|
|Quality Performance Grand Award||Hu Ge (also for The Disguiser and Good Times)||Won|
|Best Director||Kong Sheng||Won|
|Li Xue (also for The Disguiser)||Won|
|Best Producer||Hou Hongliang (also for The Disguiser)||Won|
|Most Popular Actress||Liu Tao (also for The Legend of Mi Yue)||Won|
|Most Marketable Actor||Hu Ge (also for The Disguiser and Good Times)||Won|
|Most Popular Actor||Wang Kai (also for The Disguiser)||Won|
|19th Huading Awards||Best Drama||Nirvana in Fire||Won|||
|Best Director||Kong Sheng, Li Xue||Nominated|
|Best Screenwriter||Hai Yan||Nominated|
|Best Actor||Hu Ge||Nominated|
|Best Actress (Ancient)||Liu Tao||Nominated|
|Best Newcomer||Leo Wu||Nominated|
|Best Producer||Hou Hongliang||Nominated|
|22nd Shanghai Television Festival||Best Television Series||Nirvana in Fire||Nominated|||
|Best Director||Kong Sheng||Won|
|Best Screenwriter||Hai Yan||Nominated|
|Best Actor||Hu Ge||Won|
|Best Supporting Actor||Wang Kai||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress||Liu Min Tao||Nominated|
|8th Straits Film and Television Awards Ceremony||Most Popular Chinese TV Series||Nirvana in Fire||Won|||
|28th Golden Eagle Awards||Best Director||Kong Sheng, Li Xue||Nominated|
|Best Screenwriter||Hai Yan||Nominated|
|Best Actor (Audience's Choice for Actor)||Hu Ge||Won|||
|Most Popular Actor||Hu Ge||Won|
|National Copyright Administration (NCAC) Copyright Awards||Top Copyright Award||Lang Ya Bang||Won|||
|2016 LiTV OTT Entertainment Awards||Drama of the Year||Nirvana in Fire||Won|||
|TV Actor of the Year||Hu Ge||Won|
|3rd Hengdian Film and TV Festival of China||Jury Grand Award for Most Popular TV Series||Nirvana in Fire||Won|||
|8th China TV Drama Awards||Most Appealing Young Actor||Leo Wu||Won|
|3rd Asia Rainbow TV Awards||Best Supporting Actor||Wang Kai||Won|||
|12th Chinese American Film Festival||Golden Angel Award for Best Chinese TV Series||Nirvana in Fire||Won|||
|11th National Top-Notch Television Production Award Ceremony||Outstanding Television Series||Won|||
|Channel||Location||Broadcast start date||Note|
|Beijing TV, Dragon TV||Mainland China||September 19, 2015||Monday to Sunday 19:30–21:00 (two eps.)|
|San Francisco KTSF 26 Taiwan||United States||September 21, 2015||Monday to Friday 21:00–22:00|
|Chinese TV||South Korea||October 19, 2015||Monday to Friday 22:00 (two eps)|
|CTS Main Channel||Taiwan||November 3, 2015||Monday to Friday 21:00|
|OMNI.2 (ON)||Canada||November 15, 2015||Monday to Friday 22:00|
|KSCI Los Angeles||United States||December 10, 2015||Sunday to Friday 19:00–20:00|
|ELTA TV||Taiwan||January 26, 2016||Monday to Friday 21:00|
|LiTV||Monday to Friday 12:00|
|Galaxy TV||Japan||April 11, 2016||Monday to Friday 13:00–15:00|
|TVB Jade||Hong Kong & Malaysia||May 16, 2016||Everyday 21:30–22:30|
|Astro On Demand||Malaysia||May 16, 2016||Everyday 21:30–22:30|
|VV Drama (TVB version in original Mandarin language)||Singapore||August 29, 2016||Monday to Sunday 21:00–22:00|
|Astro Wah Lai Toi||Malaysia||April 1, 2017||Saturday and Sunday 16:00–18:00|
- "::电视剧拍摄制作备案公示表::". dsj.sarft.gov.cn. 国家广播电视总局. Archived from the original on 2014-09-14. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- "《琅琊榜》9月揭榜 古装男神胡歌再战"江湖"--人民网娱乐频道--人民网". People's Daily. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- "《琅琊榜》定档9月18日 北京东方两星联播". Sina. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "《琅琊榜》口碑爆棚 两天破亿播放量全网第一". ent.people.com.cn. September 22, 2015. Retrieved 2015-10-25.
- He, Huifeng (December 3, 2015). "Legend of Miyue smashes online video viewing record in China with 700 million hits in 24 hours as country sees industry take off". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 2016-02-26.
- Borromeo, EL (December 11, 2016). "2015 Sees Continued Boom of Online Literature Turned TV Dramas". Yibada. Retrieved 2016-01-02.
- "Vlinkage reveals 16 Cdramas with over 10 Billions Online Views". AVirtualVoyage. Vlinkage. December 11, 2016.
- "China's Flying Apsaras Awards nominees announced". China.org.cn. December 25, 2015. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "第三十届电视剧飞天奖入围名单公布". Sina. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "广电《2015中国电视剧选集》胡歌三剧入选". Sina. February 17, 2016. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "白玉兰获奖名单 胡歌孙俪摘最佳男女主". Sina. October 6, 2016. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- 网易 (2018-02-13). "《琅琊榜2》完美收官 黄晓明刘昊然演技获赞". ent.163.com. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- 新浪娱乐 (2020-12-16). "侯鸿亮采访透露《琅琊榜》第三部剧本已经完成|琅琊榜|侯鸿亮_新浪娱乐_新浪网". ent.sina.com.cn. Retrieved 2021-01-20.
- "《琅琊榜》影视改编权确定_网易娱乐". NetEase. April 15, 2015. Archived from the original on November 22, 2015. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- Mi, Qin (January 23, 2016). "How Small Screen Heroes Shape Public Debate on Social Justice". english.caixin.com. Retrieved 2016-01-29.
- "《琅琊榜》制片人侯鸿亮专访_电视剧琅琊榜_新浪博客". Sina Blog. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "《琅琊榜》：鲁剧再添力作 打造古装情义巨制". Sina. March 15, 2014. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "剧版《琅琊榜》筹拍 由白玉兰奖最佳导演孔笙执导-新华网". Xinhua News Agency. November 4, 2013. Archived from the original on 2014-01-18. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "探班《琅琊榜》权谋之斗，情义之战". Weibo. April 14, 2015. Archived from the original on 2020-04-21. Retrieved 2015-05-15.
- "'Nirvana in Fire' is a big hit on the small screen". China Daily. November 12, 2015. Archived from the original on 2015-12-22. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "《琅琊榜》关注度持续升温 剧组筹备进展有序_网易娱乐". NetEase. December 11, 2013. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "《琅琊榜》建组 钟汉良胡歌唐嫣有望参演". Sina. October 25, 2013. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "琅琊榜剧情解析 手绘演员照曝光". China Daily. January 6, 2014. Retrieved 2016-02-28.
- "《琅琊榜》曝光阵容 胡歌王凯黄维德加盟". Sina. December 10, 2013. Retrieved 2015-12-13.
- "剧版《琅琊榜》三年磨一剑 今日横店揭榜开机_娱乐_腾讯网". Tencent. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "《琅琊榜》曝剧情片花 胡歌演阴谋算计". Sina. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "《琅琊榜》主题曲MV曝光 胡歌倾情演绎赤子之心_娱乐_腾讯网". Tencent. August 20, 2015. Retrieved 2016-01-09.
- "《琅琊榜》推《赤血长殷》MV 王凯诠释情义千秋_娱乐_腾讯网". Tencent. July 30, 2015. Retrieved 2016-01-09.
- "QQ music Lang Ya Bang OST album introduction". y.qq.com. Retrieved June 8, 2020.
- "粤语版《琅琊榜》全新背景音乐遭吐槽" (in Chinese). Sina. 2016-05-18. Retrieved 2020-12-23.
- "China's Game of Thrones". Week in China. 2016-02-26. Retrieved 2020-12-22.
- Wu, Kate (November 16, 2015). "TV Drama 'Nirvana in Fire' Enjoys Popularity at Home and Abroad - All China Women's Federation". Women of China. Retrieved 2016-01-02.
- 中時電子報. "胡歌10年高峰求觀眾忘了他 - 娛樂新聞". 中時電子報 (in Chinese). Retrieved 2020-06-08.
- "How 'Nirvana in Fire' became a hit abroad". China Daily. November 16, 2015.
- "韩媒：受年轻人欢迎"中流"逆袭韩国". www.guancha.cn. Retrieved 2020-06-08.
- "赤诚重构传奇（年度推荐）". 2017-01-09. Retrieved June 8, 2020.
- "Period drama in new clothes". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2020-12-22.
- "琅琊榜 (豆瓣)". movie.douban.com. Retrieved 2020-06-04.
- "Nirvana in Fire set to thrill viewers". China Daily. September 15, 2015.
- "好剧选介-第八期". dsj.sarft.gov.cn. 2016-07-29. Retrieved 2020-12-22.
- "TVB faces dilemma in airing mainland TV drama". ejinsight.com. 2016-06-06. Retrieved 2020-12-23.
- "变口音？《琅琊榜》创今年TVB最低收视" (in Chinese). Sina. Retrieved 2020-12-23.
- Shu, Peng Qian (November 20, 2015). "Chinese Scenic Spots Renamed After Popular TV Series Nirvana in Fire (National)". BEIJING TODAY. Archived from the original on August 19, 2018. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "韩国推琅琊榜之旅 粉丝穿宗主披风赴象山朝圣_娱乐_腾讯网". ent.qq.com. Retrieved 2020-06-08.
- "琅琊榜得天下 博客來預購週逾500套 | 財經 | 中央社即時新聞 CNA NEWS". www.cna.com.tw. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- "2015文娱大数据公布 《大圣归来》《琅琊榜》成赢家--人民网娱乐频道--人民网". People's Daily. January 16, 2016. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Adaptations Bring More Readers to Source Novels". Yibada. February 7, 2016. Retrieved 2016-02-26.
- "TV rating archives for television". tvtv.hk. Retrieved 2015-12-13.
- ""风从东方来"娱乐影响力盛典在沪举办--上海频道--人民网". People's Daily. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- ""尖叫2016爱奇艺之夜"年度榜单重磅出炉". Xinhua News Agency. Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- "第30届中国电视剧飞天奖_电视剧_央视网(cctv.com)". dianshiju.cntv.cn. Archived from the original on 2015-12-28. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "新闻详情 -澳门国际电影节". mimf.mtm.mo. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- "2015国剧盛典获奖名单 范冰冰胡歌获最佳". Sina. January 1, 2016. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- ""2015中国年度新锐榜"揭晓 《琅琊榜》成大赢家". culture.ifeng.com. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- "国内首份原创文学风云榜发布 阅文集团打造IP产业"奥斯卡" - 生活 - 重庆商报". www.chinacqsb.com. January 6, 2016. Retrieved 2016-01-07.
- "吴亦凡赵丽颖分获微博之夜King&Queen 李光洙-宋智孝-Gary也纷纷获奖 - 内地明星八卦 - 娱乐新闻 - 中国娱乐网". news.yule.com.cn. January 8, 2016. Retrieved 2016-01-08.
- L_104350 (March 10, 2016). "中国电视剧品质盛典 胡歌霍建华"交杯"庆获奖--河北频道--人民网". People's Daily. Retrieved 2016-03-11.
- "第19届华鼎奖黄渤封帝马伊琍梅开二度". Sina. May 21, 2016.
- "《琅琊榜》再夺奖 获"最受台湾观众欢迎大陆电视剧"(图)". NetEase. June 13, 2016.
- "第11届金鹰节暨第28届金鹰奖获奖全名单". Sina. October 16, 2016. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- "'Nirvana in Fire' receives China's top copyright award". China Daily. December 8, 2016.
- "2016 LiTV 年度OTT影视大赏 完整得奖名单". LiTV. December 26, 2016.
- "第三届"文荣奖"结果揭晓 黄轩、赵丽颖分获最佳男女主角". People's Daily. October 30, 2016.
- "第三届亚洲彩虹奖2016获奖名单". ctvcc.tv. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- "第十二屆中美電影節星光熠熠——開幕式暨金天使獎頒獎典禮耀動洛城". cafilmfestival.org. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- "第十一届电视制片业颁奖落幕 秦海璐蒋欣等获十佳". ifeng. February 20, 2017.
- "랑야방: 권력의 기록". 중화TV. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- Ang, Francis Eduard (November 17, 2015). "Mainland Chinese Drama Succeeds in Crossing the Strait". Yibada. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "《琅琊榜》5月將登陸TVB 於黃金時間播出". Sina. March 14, 2016. Retrieved 2016-03-15.