Nirvana in Fire
|Nirvana in Fire|
Nirvana in Fire promotional image
|Based on||Lang Ya Bang by Hai Yan|
|Written by||Hai Yan|
|Directed by||Kong Sheng|
|Theme music composer||Meng Ke|
|Opening theme||Main Theme|
by Meng Ke
|Ending theme||When the Wind Blows|
by Hu Ge
|Country of origin||China|
|Original language(s)||Mandarin Chinese|
|No. of episodes||54 (list of episodes)|
|Production location(s)||Hengdian World Studios|
Xiang Shan Studios
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||40-45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Shandong Film & TV Production Co.,Ltd.|
Daylight Entertainment (Dongyang) Television Ltd.
|Original network||Dragon TV|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||September 19 –|
October 15, 2015
|Followed by||Nirvana in Fire II: The Wind Blows in Chang Lin|
Nirvana in Fire (Chinese: 琅琊榜; pinyin: Lángyá Bǎng) is a 2015 Chinese historical drama based on Hai Yan's novel with the same name. It was directed by Kong Sheng and Li Xue, and stars Hu Ge, Liu Tao and Wang Kai as Mei Changsu, Princess Nihuang and Prince Jing. The series tells the story of Lin Shu, who, under the alias Mei Changsu, enters the capital of Liang to seek justice for a conspiracy that labeled his family as traitors 12 years before. It originally aired 2 episodes daily on Beijing TV and Dragon TV, Monday through Sunday from 19:30 to 21:00, from September 19 to October 15, 2015.
The drama was a commercial and critical success, surpassing ten million views by its second day, and receiving a total number of daily internet views on iQiyi of over 3.3 billion by the end of the series. Nirvana in Fire was considered a social media phenomenon, generating 3.55 billion posts on Sina Weibo that praised its characters and story-line. As of December 2016, it has a total view of 13 billion views as reported by VLinkage.
The drama was also one of the recipients of the Outstanding Television Drama Award at the Flying Apsaras Awards, the highest government honor given for outstanding achievement in the television industry. Kong Sheng also won the Outstanding Director Award for his work in Nirvana in Fire. In 2016, SARFT recognized the series as one of the top 20 most outstanding dramas of the year. It was also nominated for the Magnolia Award for Best Television Series at the 22nd Shanghai Television Festival.
Its sequel, Nirvana in Fire II: The Wind Blows in Chang Lin, began airing in December 2017.
In sixth-century China, there was a war between feudal Northern Wei and Southern Liang dynasties. The Liang commander general, Lin Xie, his 19-year-old son, Lin Shu, and the Chiyan Army defeated hostile Wei forces. However, when the Chiyan were weakened from the battle, they were massacred under the Emperor's orders. Unknown to the king, the Chiyan were framed by political rivals, who claimed that they were conspiring a rebellion with the then-crown prince, Prince Qi. As a result, Prince Qi and members of the Lin manor were also unjustly executed. Qi's mother, Consort Chen, and Lin Shu's mother, sister of the king, committed suicide.
Lin Shu survived but was poisoned by the Poison of the Bitter Flame as the result of the fighting. To save his life, the master of Langya Hall, Lin Chen, gave him a treatment that ultimately led to Lin Shu's altered appearance and weakened state. For the next twelve years, he establishes the Jiang Zuo Alliance and becomes chief of the pugilist world as Mei Changsu. Lin Shu takes the opportunity to return to the capital during the fight for the throne between Prince Yu and Prince Xian. He uses this opportunity to gain a position that will allow him to restore his family's innocence as well as secretly help his childhood friend, the unfavored Prince Jing, become Emperor.
Under the disguise of Su Zhe, Lin Shu becomes a strategist, who supports Prince Yu on the surface. He helps him take down the Crown Prince and his most powerful ally, Marquess Xie Yu. Secretly, he is assisting Prince Jing as he rises in power and favor. While also investigating Xie Yu, Lin Shu discovers new details of Xie Yu's involvement in the Chiyan conspiracy. He realizes that Xia Jiang, head of the Xuan Jing Bureau, was the instigator of the case that ultimately framed Prince Qi and the Chiyan Army so that Prince Qi could not dissolve the Xuan Jing Bureau when he becomes emperor.
After the Crown Prince falls from grace, Prince Yu and his own strategist, Qin Banruo, become suspicious of Mei Changsu after they saw that Prince Jing was becoming more and more powerful in the royal court. Although he was advised to stop advancing for the throne, Prince Yu forms an alliance with Xia Jiang, who agrees to help him become emperor to prevent the Chiyan case from being re-investigated under Prince Jing, for fear that the prince would try to uncover Xia's lies. Despite their plan to use the capture of ex-Chiyan general, Wei Zheng, to create bad blood between Prince Jing and his father, the prisoner's escape leads them to fail, with Xia Jiang arrested and Xuan Jing Bureau seized and searched. Prince Yu's previous crimes were also revealed, causing him to be demoted and put under house arrest. Although all seems lost for Prince Yu, Qin Banruo persuades him to hold a rebellion and take the throne by force while his father is away at the Spring Hunt with Prince Jing and Mei Changsu.
Despite arriving with a more powerful army compared to the small number of soldiers stationed at the Hunt, Prince Yu fails to destroy his father. Therefore, he commits suicide in prison. Meanwhile, Xia Jiang had escaped prison during the rebellion attempt and deduces that Mei Changsu is Lin Shu. He attempts to regain the Emperor's trust by uncovering Mei's identity and accusing Prince Jing to have conspired with the strategist as the reason for the prince's quick rise in power. Although the Emperor imprisoned Xia Jiang again, he attempts to kill Mei Changsu to prevent a further mess for Prince Jing. He is stopped by Prince Jing, as the prince did not want people to die for him.
Together, Prince Jing and Mei Changsu make a plan to try and bring up the Chiyan case to the Emperor. At the Emperor's birthday celebration, the Prince has Grand Princess Liyang, the wife of Xie Yu, bring up the case in front of the emperor with evidence from Xie Yu's confession. The Emperor is angered by the sudden accusation of his own mistakes, but he is powerless to stop it, as the whole court pleads for him to reopen the Chiyan case. After a final confrontation with Mei Changsu (now revealed to him as Lin Shu), the Emperor finally agrees to reopen the case. After investigating, he pronounces Prince Qi, Lin Xie, Lin Shu, and the entire Chiyan army innocent.
Shortly after his wish is fulfilled, Mei Changsu receives news that the Northern Wei forces has come to take advantage of the political unrest in the royal court by invading Da Liang. Mei Changsu decides to help drive off the Southern forces (Da Yu), as it would be what Lin Shu would have done. He takes a herbal medication made by Lin Chen to give himself strength for three months, so he may lead the Liang forces to defeat the enemy. He ultimately did not return to the capital. Several years later, Prince Jing becomes the new Emperor. When Commander Meng Zhi requests for Emperor Jing to name the newly merged militia, he names it "Chang Lin" army, in honor of Lin Shu and Mei Chang Su.
Jiang Zuo Alliance
Liang Royal Family
Royal Court and nobles
- Presenters: Lv Peng, Zhao Duojia, Wang Jianjun, Gong Yu, Jin Liang, Ke Liming, Hou Hongliang, Hao Xiaoyu, Wei Wenqi
- General Planners: Lin Guogang, Wang Leiqing
- General Supervisors: Niu Yansheng, Chen Liang, Ma Dong
- Planners: Ren Jianwei, Guo Yuejin, Jin Lin, Zhang Linlin, Zhang Lin, Hong Dandan, Yan Zheng
- Supervisors: Zhang Heng, Zhang Yuxin, Yan Shu, Ma Runsheng, Xi Xiaotang, Kang Wei, Lin Tong
- Supervisor−in−Charge: Wang Lianjun
- Senior Editor−in-Charge: Li Jiuhong
- Producer−in−Charge: Wu Xuesong
- Editors−in−Charge: Zang Jiain, Dai Jingling
- Assistant Screenwriter: Lu Wei
- Story: Hai Yan
- Screenwriter: Hai Yan
- Director of Photography: Sun Molong
- Lighting Designer: Sun Hongliang
- Art Designers: Wang Huo, Shao Changyong
- Style Designer: Su Zhiyong
- Costume Designer: Ru Meiqi
- Composer: Meng Ke
- Recording: Liu Lei
- Editor: Li Gang
- Assistant Director: Sun Molong
- Martial Arts Director: Liu Jie
- Executive Director: Wang Yongquan
- Distributor: Li Huabing
- Producer: Hou Hongliang
- Directors: Kong Sheng, Li Xue
- Issued by: Shandong Administration of Press Publication, Radio Film and Television License No. : (SD)USZ(2015)_003
In April 2011, Shandong Television Media Group acquired the film adaption rights for the popular 2007 internet novel written by Hai Yan, Lang Ya Bang, which has been called the "Chinese version of The Count of Monte Cristo". Producer Hou Hongliang thought that the original novel conveyed the kind of emotion people are most attracted to, the characters' inner strength and revenge, and therefore decided to adapt the novel for television. The series' overall investment of the costume drama was more than one hundred million yuan, and the director and producer strived for majestic atmosphere with poetic, beautiful images.
Director Kong Sheng and Hou Hongliang, who have been friends for 20 years, have worked together in The Age of Iron, Chuang Guandong, All Quiet in Peking, and The Line and other television productions. The original author, Hai Yan, said that she had no intention to make Lang Ya Bang into a television series, but Shandong producers encouraged her to do so, while also offering her the role as the drama's screenwriter, despite the fact that she had no such experience. The writing of the script lasted from mid-October 2012 to April 2013. Hai Yan stated that the story "will certainly be changed in details, but the framework, the characters and the plot is set to no major changes..., we are most concerned about the preservation of the outcome of Mei Changsu. I think, according to my personal standards, 80% of the script is original." Hou Hongliang said in earlier interviews that the series highlights justice, patriotism and brotherhood.
Although it was not intended for any historical backstory corresponding to a certain dynasty, for the sake of the costumes, props and set designs, Nirvana in Fire was set during the Northern and Southern dynasties. Hou Hongliang stated that "characters will be relatively free flowing, in line with ancient individuals that are typically imagined."
Notable members of production include Sun Molong and Li Gang as directors of photography, Meng Ke as head composer, Jiang Guangtuo in charge of the dubbing, Liu Jie as the stunt director, Wang Huo, Su Zhiyong and Shao Changyong as the artistic designers, Ru Mei Qi as the fashion designer, Kong Gezi in charge of visual effects, and Liu Lei in charge of sound recordings.
It was announced in mid-December 2013 that Hu Ge, Victor Huang, Wang Kai and Chen Long would act as Mei Changsu, Prince Yu, Prince Jing and Meng Zhi in the drama. When the cast and crew were formally established, they officially started shooting on February 12, 2014 at Hengdian World Studios. The shooting was separated into three groups, shooting at Heng Dian, Xiang Shan studios, western Zhe Jiang grasslands, Wuxi and others. Location shooting was finished in June 2014, and entered post-production.
"When the Wind Rises", sung by Hu Ge, is the main theme song of the drama, with "Faded Beauty" and "Loyal Blood Forever Runs Red" acting as insert songs. The rest of the tracks are instrumental and performed by various artists. "When the Wind Rises" was composed by Meng Ke, with lyrics written by Hai Yan. "Faded Beauty" was composed by Zhao Jialin and written by Yuan Liang. "Loyal Blood Forever Runs Red" was composed by Yu Haihang and written by Qing Yan and Bing Feng.
|1.||"When the Wind Blows (风起时)" (Hu Ge)||3:12|
|2.||"Faded Beauty (红颜旧)" (Liu Tao)||3:45|
|3.||"Loyal Blood Forever Runs Red (赤血长殷)" (Wang Kai)||4:46|
|5.||"Tense Stalemate (紧张对峙)"||1:06|
|10.||"Emotions (情感) (Bawu ver.)"||1:36|
|15.||"Suspense (Xiao ver.)"||1:36|
|17.||"Last Judgement (最后的审判)"||2:36|
|18.||"Main Theme (主题)"||4:06|
|19.||"Main Theme 2 (主题2)"||3:21|
|20.||"Battle situation (战争场面)"||2:31|
|21.||"Battle situation 2 (战争场面2)"||1:21|
|22.||"Race Against Time (争分夺秒)"||1:36|
|24.||"Suspense 3 (悬疑3)"||1:10|
|25.||"Emotional Music (情绪音乐)"||0:41|
|26.||"Women's Theme (女主题)"||1:15|
|27.||"Humour, Lively (幽默，欢快)"||1:05|
|28.||"Humour 2 (幽默2)"||0:47|
|30.||"Stand-off between father and son (父子拔剑)"||2:13|
The series garnered critical acclaim, with much positive reviews and discussion surfacing around the internet through Weibo. It topped viewership ratings in fifty cities in China and enjoyed high audience ratings in Taiwan. The drama is also immensely popular overseas and has been translated to and dubbed in different languages.
Xu Ming of Global Times praised the storyline, acting and cinematography of the series, stating that it was a quality example of Chinese period dramas, despite pointing out several flaws in the plot, such as Mei Changsu being "too capable" compared to the other characters. Douban gave the drama 9.2 out of 10, with the series being dubbed as "China's Game of Thrones" due to its popularity.
Certain scenic spots in China have also been changed to Langya Ge (Langya Hall) to attract tourists. Although Anhui, Jiangsu and Shandong province all claim to be where the drama is set, Hai Yan clarified that the setting was fictitious. The publications for the web novel was highly anticipated, with the number of pre-orders reaching new highs. At the 2015 Big Data Index of Culture and Entertainment Industry Conference, the character, Mei Changsu, was named the year's "most talked-about television character (online)". The success of the adaption ushered in the original book's sales increase by more than 3,300 percent on Amazon.
|China Dragon TV / Beijing TV premiere ratings (CSM50)|
|Episodes||Broadcast date||Dragon TV||Beijing TV|
|Ratings (%)||Audience share (%)||Rankings||Ratings (%)||Audience share (%)||Rankings|
|1-2||September 19, 2015||0.482||1.38||10||0.574||1.64||6|
|3-4||September 20, 2015||0.587||1.65||8||0.594||1.67||7|
|5-6||September 21, 2015||0.517||1.48||10||0.573||1.64||6|
|7-8||September 22, 2015||0.544||1.56||9||0.529||1.52||10|
|9-10||September 23, 2015||0.690||1.98||4||0.603||1.73||8|
|11-12||September 24, 2015||0.749||2.11||4||0.531||1.50||9|
|13-14||September 25, 2015||0.694||2.00||4||0.661||1.92||5|
|15-16||September 26, 2015||0.739||2.07||4||0.649||1.82||5|
|17-18||September 27, 2015||0.730||1.99||3||0.523||1.43||5|
|19-20||September 28, 2015||0.655||1.82||3||0.604||1.68||4|
|21-22||September 29, 2015||0.727||1.97||4||0.833||2.26||3|
|23-24||September 30, 2015||0.751||1.99||4||0.832||2.21||3|
|25-26||October 1, 2015||0.671||1.97||4||0.825||2.41||3|
|27-28||October 2, 2015||0.702||2.11||4||0.831||2.50||2|
|29-30||October 3, 2015||0.715||2.08||4||0.720||2.10||3|
|31-32||October 4, 2015||0.865||2.47||3||0.755||2.15||4|
|33-34||October 5, 2015||0.794||2.24||5||0.869||2.45||4|
|35-36||October 6, 2015||0.928||2.55||5||0.977||2.69||4|
|37-38||October 7, 2015||0.897||2.35||3||1.044||2.73||1|
|39-40||October 8, 2015||1.081||2.99||2||0.691||1.91||6|
|41-42||October 9, 2015||1.055||2.90||2||1.017||2.79||3|
|43-44||October 10, 2015||1.057||2.84||3||1.185||3.18||1|
|45-46||October 11, 2015||1.161||3.11||2||1.223||3.28||1|
|47-48||October 12, 2015||1.063||3.03||2||1.254||3.57||1|
|49-50||October 13, 2015||1.072||2.96||3||1.196||3.30||1|
|51-52||October 14, 2015||0.987||2.76||4||1.085||3.03||1|
|53-54||October 15, 2015||1.159||3.27||1||1.050||2.96||2|
- Highest ratings are marked in red, lowest ratings are marked in blue
Awards and nominations
|15th "Wind from the East" Influential Entertainers||Entertainer of the Year||Hu Ge||Won|||
|Most Powerful TV Actor of the Year||Jin Dong||Won|
|Most Popular TV Actor of the Year||Wang Kai||Won|
|Best Television Director of the Year||Kong Sheng||Won|
|2016 iQiyi All-Star Carnival||Drama of the Year||Nirvana in Fire||Won|||
|TV Actor of the Year||Hu Ge (also for The Disguiser and Good Times)||Won|
|TV Drama Producer of the Year||Hou Hongliang (also for The Disguiser)||Won|
|30th Flying Apsaras Awards||Outstanding Television Drama (historical)||Nirvana in Fire||Won|||
|Outstanding Director||Kong Sheng||Won|
|Outstanding Actor||Hu Ge||Nominated|||
|Outstanding Actress||Liu Tao||Nominated|
|6th Macau International Television Festival||Best Television Producer||Hou Hongliang||Won|||
|Outstanding Television Series||Nirvana in Fire||Won|
|7th China TV Drama Awards||Top Ten Television Series||Won|||
|Best Director||Kong Sheng, Li Xue||Won|
|Best Actor||Hu Ge||Won|
|Best Supporting Actor||Victor Huang||Won|
|Most Popular Actor (Mainland China)||Wang Kai||Won|
|Industry Contribution Award||Hou Hongliang (also for The Disguiser)||Won|
|14th China's Annual Top List||Entertainer of the Year||Hu Ge||Won|||
|Drama of the Year||Nirvana in Fire||Won|
|Forbes China Original Culture Billboard Awards||Best Original TV Adaption||Won|||
|Weibo Night Awards Ceremony||Most Powerful Actor of the Year||Jin Dong||Won|||
|Most Powerful Actress of the Year||Liu Tao||Won|
|Best Newcomer of the Year||Leo Wu||Won|
|Man of the Year||Wang Kai||Won|
|Best Performance by an Actress||Liu Min Tao||Won|
|Best Performance by an Actor||Liu Yijun||Won|
|Best Television Series Producer||Hou Hongliang||Won|
|State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television||Top 20 Most Outstanding Dramas of 2015||Nirvana in Fire||Won|
|1st China Quality Television Drama Ceremony||Quality Grand Award||Won|||
|Audience Favorite TV Series (Dragon TV)||Won|
|Quality Performance Grand Award||Hu Ge (also for The Disguiser and Good Times)||Won|
|Best Director||Kong Sheng||Won|
|Li Xue (also for The Disguiser)||Won|
|Best Producer||Hou Hongliang (also for The Disguiser)||Won|
|Most Popular Actress||Liu Tao (also for The Legend of Mi Yue)||Won|
|Most Marketable Actor||Hu Ge (also for The Disguiser and Good Times)||Won|
|Most Popular Actor||Wang Kai (also for The Disguiser)||Won|
|19th Huading Awards||Best Drama||Nirvana in Fire||Won|||
|Best Director||Kong Sheng, Li Xue||Nominated|
|Best Screenwriter||Hai Yan||Nominated|
|Best Actor||Hu Ge||Nominated|
|Best Actress (Ancient)||Liu Tao||Nominated|
|Best Newcomer||Leo Wu||Nominated|
|Best Producer||Hou Hongliang||Nominated|
|22nd Shanghai Television Festival||Best Television Series||Nirvana in Fire||Nominated|||
|Best Director||Kong Sheng||Won|
|Best Screenwriter||Hai Yan||Nominated|
|Best Actor||Hu Ge||Won|
|Best Supporting Actor||Wang Kai||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress||Liu Min Tao||Nominated|
|8th Straits Film and Television Awards Ceremony||Most Popular Chinese TV Series||Nirvana in Fire||Won|||
|28th Golden Eagle Awards||Best Director||Kong Sheng, Li Xue||Nominated|
|Best Screenwriter||Hai Yan||Nominated|
|Best Actor (Audience's Choice for Actor)||Hu Ge||Won|||
|Most Popular Actor||Hu Ge||Won|
|National Copyright Administration (NCAC) Copyright Awards||Top Copyright Award||Lang Ya Bang||Won|||
|2016 LiTV OTT Entertainment Awards||Drama of the Year||Nirvana in Fire||Won|||
|TV Actor of the Year||Hu Ge||Won|
|3rd Hengdian Film and TV Festival of China||Jury Grand Award for Most Popular TV Series||Nirvana in Fire||Won|||
|8th China TV Drama Awards||Most Appealing Young Actor||Leo Wu||Won|
|3rd Asia Rainbow TV Awards||Best Supporting Actor||Wang Kai||Won|||
|12th Chinese American Film Festival||Golden Angel Award for Best Chinese TV Series||Nirvana in Fire||Won|||
|11th National Top-Notch Television Production Award Ceremony||Outstanding Television Series||Won|||
For complete list of awards: 
|Channel||Location||Broadcast start date||Note|
|Beijing TV, Dragon TV||Mainland China||September 19, 2015||Monday to Sunday 19:30 - 21:00 (two eps)|
|San Francisco KTSF 26 Taiwan||United States||September 21, 2015||Monday to Friday 21:00 - 22:00|
|Chinese TV||South Korea||October 19, 2015||Monday to Friday 22:00 (two eps)|
|CTS Main Channel||Taiwan||November 3, 2015||Monday to Friday 21:00|
|OMNI.2 (ON)||Canada||November 15, 2015||Monday to Friday 22:00|
|KSCI Los Angeles||United States||December 10, 2015||Sunday to Friday 19:00 - 20:00|
|ELTA TV||Taiwan||January 26, 2016||Monday to Friday 21:00|
|LiTV||Monday to Friday 12:00|
|Galaxy TV||Japan||April 11, 2016||Monday to Friday 13:00 - 15:00|
|TVB Jade||Hong Kong & Malaysia||May 16, 2016||Everyday 21:30 - 22:30|
|Astro On Demand||Malaysia||May 16, 2016||Everyday 21:30 - 22:30|
|VV Drama (TVB version in original Mandarin language)||Singapore||August 29, 2016||Monday to Sunday 21:00 - 22:00|
|Astro Wah Lai Toi||Malaysia||April 1, 2017||Saturday and Sunday 16:00 - 18:00|
- "::电视剧拍摄制作备案公示表::". dsj.sarft.gov.cn. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- "《琅琊榜》9月揭榜 古装男神胡歌再战"江湖"--人民网娱乐频道--人民网". People's Daily. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- "《琅琊榜》定档9月18日 北京东方两星联播". Sina. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "Online viewership surpasses ten million in two days". ent.people.com.cn. September 22, 2015. Retrieved 2015-10-25.
- "Chinese TV phenomenon aims for South Korea success". Global Times. Retrieved 2015-12-17.
- He, Huifeng (December 3, 2015). "Legend of Miyue smashes online video viewing record in China with 700 million hits in 24 hours as country sees industry take off". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 2016-02-26.
- Borromeo, EL (December 11, 2016). "2015 Sees Continued Boom of Online Literature Turned TV Dramas". Yibada. Retrieved 2016-01-02.
- "Vlinkage reveals 16 Cdramas with over 10 Billions Online Views". AVirtualVoyage. Vlinkage. December 11, 2016.
- "China's Flying Apsaras Awards nominees announced". China.org.cn. December 25, 2015. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "第三十届电视剧飞天奖入围名单公布". Sina. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "广电《2015中国电视剧选集》胡歌三剧入选". Sina. February 17, 2016. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "白玉兰获奖名单 胡歌孙俪摘最佳男女主". Sina. October 6, 2016. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- "琅琊榜（2015年胡歌古装传奇剧）_百度百科". Baike Baidu. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "《琅琊榜》影视改编权确定_网易娱乐". NetEase. April 15, 2015. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- Mi, Qin (January 23, 2016). "How Small Screen Heroes Shape Public Debate on Social Justice". english.caixin.com. Retrieved 2016-01-29.
- "《琅琊榜》制片人侯鸿亮专访_电视剧琅琊榜_新浪博客". Sina Blog. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "《琅琊榜》：鲁剧再添力作 打造古装情义巨制". Sina. March 15, 2014. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "剧版《琅琊榜》筹拍 由白玉兰奖最佳导演孔笙执导-新华网". Xinhua News Agency. November 4, 2013. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "探班《琅琊榜》权谋之斗，情义之战". Weibo. April 14, 2015. Retrieved 2015-05-15.
- "'Nirvana in Fire' is a big hit on the small screen". China Daily. November 12, 2015. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "《琅琊榜》关注度持续升温 剧组筹备进展有序_网易娱乐". NetEase. December 11, 2013. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "《琅琊榜》建组 钟汉良胡歌唐嫣有望参演". Sina. October 25, 2013. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "琅琊榜剧情解析 手绘演员照曝光". China Daily. January 6, 2014. Retrieved 2016-02-28.
- "《琅琊榜》曝光阵容 胡歌王凯黄维德加盟". Sina. December 10, 2013. Retrieved 2015-12-13.
- "剧版《琅琊榜》三年磨一剑 今日横店揭榜开机_娱乐_腾讯网". Tencent. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "《琅琊榜》曝剧情片花 胡歌演阴谋算计". Sina. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "《琅琊榜》主题曲MV曝光 胡歌倾情演绎赤子之心_娱乐_腾讯网". Tencent. August 20, 2015. Retrieved 2016-01-09.
- "《琅琊榜》推《赤血长殷》MV 王凯诠释情义千秋_娱乐_腾讯网". Tencent. July 30, 2015. Retrieved 2016-01-09.
- "Lang Ya Bang winning success with sincerity". Global Times. October 13, 2015. Retrieved 2015-10-25.
- Wu, Kate (November 16, 2015). "TV Drama 'Nirvana in Fire' Enjoys Popularity at Home and Abroad - All China Women's Federation". Women of China. Retrieved 2016-01-02.
- "How 'Nirvana in Fire' became a hit abroad". China Daily. November 16, 2015.
- "Nirvana in Fire set to thrill viewers". China Daily. September 15, 2015.
- Shu, Peng Qian (November 20, 2015). "Chinese Scenic Spots Renamed After Popular TV Series Nirvana in Fire (National)". BEIJING TODAY. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "琅琊榜得天下 博客來預購週逾500套 | 財經 | 中央社即時新聞 CNA NEWS". www.cna.com.tw. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- "2015文娱大数据公布 《大圣归来》《琅琊榜》成赢家--人民网娱乐频道--人民网". People's Daily. January 16, 2016. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Adaptations Bring More Readers to Source Novels". Yibada. February 7, 2016. Retrieved 2016-02-26.
- "TV rating archives for television". tvtv.hk. Retrieved 2015-12-13.
- ""风从东方来"娱乐影响力盛典在沪举办--上海频道--人民网". People's Daily. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- ""尖叫2016爱奇艺之夜"年度榜单重磅出炉". Xinhua News Agency. Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- "第30届中国电视剧飞天奖_电视剧_央视网(cctv.com)". dianshiju.cntv.cn. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "新闻详情 -澳门国际电影节". mimf.mtm.mo. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- "2015国剧盛典获奖名单 范冰冰胡歌获最佳". Sina. January 1, 2016. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- ""2015中国年度新锐榜"揭晓 《琅琊榜》成大赢家". culture.ifeng.com. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- "国内首份原创文学风云榜发布 阅文集团打造IP产业"奥斯卡" - 生活 - 重庆商报". www.chinacqsb.com. January 6, 2016. Retrieved 2016-01-07.
- "吴亦凡赵丽颖分获微博之夜King&Queen 李光洙-宋智孝-Gary也纷纷获奖 - 内地明星八卦 - 娱乐新闻 - 中国娱乐网". news.yule.com.cn. January 8, 2016. Retrieved 2016-01-08.
- L_104350 (March 10, 2016). "中国电视剧品质盛典 胡歌霍建华"交杯"庆获奖--河北频道--人民网". People's Daily. Retrieved 2016-03-11.
- "第19届华鼎奖黄渤封帝马伊琍梅开二度". Sina. May 21, 2016.
- "《琅琊榜》再夺奖 获"最受台湾观众欢迎大陆电视剧"(图)". NetEase. June 13, 2016.
- "第11届金鹰节暨第28届金鹰奖获奖全名单". Sina. October 16, 2016. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- "'Nirvana in Fire' receives China's top copyright award". China Daily. December 8, 2016.
- "2016 LiTV 年度OTT影视大赏 完整得奖名单". LiTV. December 26, 2016.
- "第三届"文荣奖"结果揭晓 黄轩、赵丽颖分获最佳男女主角". People's Daily. October 30, 2016.
- "第三届亚洲彩虹奖2016获奖名单". ctvcc.tv. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- "第十二屆中美電影節星光熠熠——開幕式暨金天使獎頒獎典禮耀動洛城". cafilmfestival.org. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- "第十一届电视制片业颁奖落幕 秦海璐蒋欣等获十佳". ifeng. February 20, 2017.
- "랑야방: 권력의 기록". 중화TV. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- Ang, Francis Eduard (November 17, 2015). "Mainland Chinese Drama Succeeds in Crossing the Strait". Yibada. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "《琅琊榜》5月將登陸TVB 於黃金時間播出". Sina. March 14, 2016. Retrieved 2016-03-15.