|Native name||निश्चल बस्नेत|
January 17, 1980|
|Residence||Bishalnagar, chandol, Kathmandu|
|Other names||Kale Dai|
|Occupation||Film Director, Actor, Producer, Singer, Dancer, Writer|
|Years active||2012 AD|
|Organization||Black Horse Pictures Pvt. Ltd|
|Known for||Loot, Kabaddi, Talak Jung vs Tulke, Kabaddi Kabaddi, Parva , "Loot 2"|
|Home town||Birtamod, Nepal|
|Spouse(s)||Swastima Khadka (17th February, 2016)|
Nischal Basnet aka "Kale Dai" (Black Big Brother)is a director, actor, dancer, and singer of Nepali films. Loot, directed by him in 2012, garnered positive reviews from film critics and topped the box office.
He has written lyrics for the song Udhreko choli. It was sung by himself and Indira Joshi. He has also sung (and performed) in very popular songs like Kale Dai, Poko Parera, Talkyo Jawani, Hit Geet, Thamel Bazar and Nachana Maiya.
He is married with the Nepali actress Swastima Khadka. The couple is so popular among the Nepali youths that they have been lovingly called as national brother and sister-in-law in social media.
- Loot (Director)
- Talakjung vs Tulke (Director, special appearance)
- Innocent (short film)
- Kabaddi (Producer, actor)
- Kabaddi Kabaddi (Producer, special appearance)
- Loot 2 (Producer and Director)
- Dui Rupaiya (Actor)
- "Nischal Basnet Biography". Lumbini Media.
- "Nischal Basnet - IMDb". imdb.com. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "Nischal Basnet | Living". living.com.np. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "Jack-in-the-box | Life & Style | :: The Kathmandu Post ::". ekantipur.com. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "Not quantity, quality matters Manisha Neupane | Development | :: The Kathmandu Post ::". ekantipur.com. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
|This article about a Nepalese film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|