Niseko-Shakotan-Otaru Kaigan Quasi-National Park
|Niseko-Shakotan-Otaru Kaigan Quasi-National Park|
IUCN category V (protected landscape/seascape)
Location of Niseko-Shakotan-Otaru Kaigan Quasi-National Park in Japan
|Nearest city||Furubira, Iwanai, Kamoenai, Kutchan, Kyōwa, Niseko, Otaru, Rankoshi, Shakotan, Tomari, Yoichi|
|Area||190.09 square kilometres (73.39 sq mi) |
|Established||July 24, 1963|
Niseko-Shakotan-Otaru Kaigan Quasi-National Park (ニセコ積丹小樽海岸国定公園 Niseko-Shakotan-Otaru Kaigan Kokutei Kōen?) is a quasi-national park in the Shiribeshi Subprefecture of Hokkaidō, Japan. On the coast of the Sea of Japan, there is a Marine Protected Area covering the west and north coast of Shakotan peninsula from Kamoenai to Otaru. The park also protects the area around the Mount Raiden and Niseko Volcanic Groups. Niseko-Shakotan-Otaru Kaigan Quasi-National Park was established in 1963.
According to the World Database on Protected Areas, this park protects the following species:
- Prunus sargentii, a species of cherry tree
- Carcinactis ichikawai, a species of sea anemone
- Carcharodon carcharias, a species of shark
- Aptocyclus ventricosus, a species of lumpsucker
- Haliclyctus tenuis, species of true jellyfish
- Finella sp., a species of mollusk
- ニセコ積丹小樽海岸国定公園 (Japanese), Japan Integrated Biodiversity Information System. Ministry of the Environment of Japan.
- List of Quasi-National Parks, Ministry of the Environment Government of Japan , Last access 9 June 2009
- Wood, L. J. (2007). "Niseko - Shakotan - Otaru Kaigan". MPA Global: A database of the world's marine protected areas. Sea Around Us Project, UNEP-WCMC & WWF. Retrieved 2009-06-09.
- "The Niseko - Shakotan - Otaru Kaigan Quasi National Park". World Database on Protected Areas (WDPA) Annual Release 2009. The WDPA is a joint product of UNEP and IUCN, prepared by UNEP-WCMC, supported by IUCN WCPA and working with Governments, the Secretariats of MEAs and collaborating NGOs. February 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-09.
- "ニセコ積丹小樽海岸国定公園" [Niseko-Shakotan-Otaru Kaigan Quasi-National Park]. Dijitaru Daijisen (in Japanese). Tokyo: Shogakukan. 2012. OCLC 56431036. Archived from the original on August 25, 2007. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "ニセコ積丹小樽海岸国定公園" [Niseko-Shakotan-Otaru Kaigan Quasi-National Park]. Nihon Kokugo Daijiten (in Japanese). Tokyo: Shogakukan. 2012. OCLC 56431036. Archived from the original on August 25, 2007. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
|This Hokkaidō location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a national/quasi-national park or protected area in Japan, or related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|