The north side of Nishi-Ōmiya Station in March 2009
|Location||3582-4 Sashiōgi, Nishi-ku, Saitama-shi, Saitama-ken 331-0047
|Operated by||JR East|
|Line(s)||■ Kawagoe Line|
|Distance||6.3 km from Ōmiya|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||14 March 2009|
|Passengers (FY2014)||8,133 daily|
Nishi-Ōmiya Station is served by the Kawagoe Line between Kawagoe and Ōmiya, and is located 6.3 km from Ōmiya. Most trains continue beyond Ōmiya on the Saikyo Line to Shinjuku and Shin-Kiba. Services operate every 20 minutes during the daytime.
|1||■ Kawagoe Line||for Kawagoe|
|2||■ Kawagoe Line||for Ōmiya, Ikebukuro, and Shinjuku, Rinkai Line through service to Shin-Kiba|
The station opened on 14 March 2009.
In fiscal 2014, the station was used by an average of 8,133 passengers daily (boarding passengers only). The passenger figures (boarding passengers only) for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
- Saitama Nishi Ward Office
- Ōmiya Nishi Police Station
- Saitama Nishi Fire Station
- Aoba-en Gardens
- Nishi-Ōmiya Junior High School
- Sashiōgi Junior High School
- Miyamae Elementary School
- Sashiōgi Elementary School
- Himawari Special School
- 各駅情報（西大宮駅） [Station Information: Nishi-Ōmiya Station] (in Japanese). East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 25 December 2010.
- Kawashima, Ryozo (February 2011). 日本の鉄道 中部ライン 全線・全駅・全配線 第１１巻 埼玉南部・東京多摩北部 [Railways of Japan - Chubu Line - Lines/Stations/Track plans - Vol 11 Southern Saitama and Northern Tama Tokyo]. Japan: Kodansha. p. 25/42. ISBN 978-4-06-270071-9.
- JR Timetable, December 2010 issue
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2014年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2014)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2009年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2009)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2010年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2010)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2011年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2011)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- Himawari Special School website Retrieved 28 October 2012. (Japanese)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nishi-Ōmiya Station.|
- Nishi-Ōmiya Station information (JR East) (Japanese)