Entrance to Nishi-Miyoshi Station.
|Operated by||JR West|
|Opened||June 1, 1915|
|Previous names||Miyoshi (until 1954)|
Nishi-Miyoshi Station (西三次駅 Nishi-miyoshi-eki) is a JR West Geibi Line station located in Nishi 4-chōme, Tōkaichi, Miyoshi, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan. The station was originally opened to serve those on the north bank of the Saijō River in the former Miyoshi-machi in Futami District. Formerly named "Miyoshi Station," it is located near the Tomoe Bridge.
- 1915-06-01: Miyoshi Station opens
- 1954-11-10: The station is renamed Nishi-Miyoshi Station
- 1987-04-01: Japan National Railways is privatized, and Nishi-Miyoshi Station becomes a JR West station
Station building and platforms
Nishi-Miyoshi Station features one raised island platform served by two tracks. The station formerly handled freight from the adjoining fertilizer factory, and it still has multiple sidings built to handle the extra trains. While Nishi-Miyoshi was formerly a privately contracted station, it is now unmanned. The station building is an old wooden building with a tile roof.
- Miyoshi Municipal Awaya Elementary
- Iwawaki Kofun (a burial mound)
- Gōno River
- Miyoshi Country Club Golf Course
All lines are JR West lines.
- (in Japanese) JR West