Nishi (西区 Nishi-ku) is one of 24 wards of Osaka, Japan. It is in the west of central Osaka ("Nishi" means "west"), and is generally flat. 80% of the area was destroyed by bombing in World War II, and was not regenerated until the mid-1960s.
Governments and International organizations
- Local government
- Osaka city, Nishi ward office (at near Metro Nishi-Nagahori Station)
Several companies have their headquarters in the ward: Toyo Tire & Rubber Company in the Edobori area and NTN Corporation in the Kyomachibori area. Konica Minolta has its Osaka office in the ward.
Several airlines have offices in Nishi-ku, among them:
- China Southern Airlines, on the first floor of the Shinanobashi Mitsui Building (信濃橋三井ビル Shinanobashi Mitsui Biru).
- China Eastern Airlines in the Higobashi Lucent Building's (肥後橋ルーセントビル Higobashi Rūsento Biru) first floor.
- Hainan Airlines on the fifth floor of the Century Building in Nishi-ku.
The Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Osaka is located in Nishi-ku.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2015)
- Nishi Ward Official Website - "Ward Overview", retrieved 10 September 2007 (dead link now )
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 23, 2008. Retrieved January 16, 2009.
- "Corporate Data." Toyo Tire & Rubber Company. Retrieved on February 27, 2015.
- "Company Outline." NTN Corporation. Retrieved on March 6, 2015.
- "Company Overview." Konica Minolta. Retrieved on May 12, 2009.
- "Contact China Southern Airlines." China Southern Airlines United States. Retrieved on October 20, 2012. "SHINANOBASHI MLTSUI [sic] BLDG 1F.1--11-7 UTSUBOHOMMACHI NISHI-KU,OSAKA,JAPAN 550-0004"
- "会社概要." China Southern Airlines Japan. Retrieved on October 20, 2012. "〒550-0004 大阪府大阪市西区靱本町1-11-7 信濃橋三井ビル1F"
- "Service locations." China Eastern Airlines. Retrieved on October 20, 2012. "Higobashi Lucent Bldg. 1F, 1-6-2, Kyomachibori, Nishi-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka, Japan 550-0003"
- "日本国内." China Eastern Airlines. Retrieved on October 20, 2012. "〒550-0003 大阪市西区京町堀1-6-2 肥後橋ルーセントビル"
- "Contact Us." Hainan Airlines. Retrieved on July 22, 2011. "Century Bldg5F 1-4-16 Kyomachibori Nishi-Ku, Osaka, Japan"
- "List of Consulates in Kansai Area Archived September 23, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.." Creation Core Higashi Osaka. Retrieved on January 15, 2009.
- "Home" (English). Osaka YMCA International High School. Retrieved on November 3, 2015. "Osaka YMCA International High School 550-0001 1-5-6 Tosabori Nishi-ku Osaka City, Osaka Japan"
Media related to Nishi-ku, Osaka at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website of Nishi Ward (in English)
|This Osaka Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|