Because Katsuzō Nishi was also an aikido teacher at Aikikai Hombu Dojo, many aikidoka were introduced to the Nishi Health System, resulting in the incorporation of certain exercises, like the fish exercise (kingyo undō, 金魚運動), into aikido and the way aikidoka took care of their health.
- heisho (平床寝台)
- kochin (硬枕利用) When you sleep, use the hardest possible bed and hard semi-cylindrical pillow.
- kingyo undō (金魚運動) Swing your hips horizontally like fish swimming about 1 minute.
- mōkan undō (毛管運動) Lie on your back and rise your arms and legs. Then shake your arms and legs about 1 minute.
- gasshō gasseki undō (合掌合蹠運動) Lie on your back and join your hands and feet. Then slide your hands and feet horizontally about 10 times. When finished, rest with your hands and feet drawn in about 2 minutes.
- hifuku undō (背腹運動) Sit down Japanese style and swing your upper body centering on your hips about 10 minutes. When you are incline position, pump your abdomen. When you are upright position, shrink your abdomen.
These are five flexibility exercises that will provide diagnostics about internal organs, see reference for detailed description of the exercises. They will indicate whether the following organs are in good condition:
- spine and stomach
- sexual organs and sciatic nerve
- intestines and urinary organs
- Live Longer the Nishi Health System Way Prevent Sickness Maintain Health and Treat Ailments by Katsuzō Nishi.
- Nishi System of Health Engineering by Katsuzō Nishi. Kessinger, 1936, paperback, ISBN 0-7661-5156-5
- Nishi System of Health Engineering : Based on an Entirely New Theory of Blood Circulationby by Katsuzō Nishi. Hardcover.
- Live Longer the Nishi Health System Way Prevent Sickness Maintain Health and Treat Ailments by Katsuzō Nishi. 1997. paperback.
- Genki Kai by Eric Graf. Aikido Ikeda-Dojo La Chaux-de-Fonds, La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland, 2003, hardcover.
- Nishishiki Kenkoho Nishikai Honbu (Japanese)
- Japan - Behind the Scenes - People Archived 2007-09-27 at the Wayback Machine
- The Nishi System Archived April 19, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Interview with Yasuo Kobayashi (2) by Stanley Pranin. Aikido Journal, Aiki News #93, fall 1992. Archived 2007-10-17 at the Wayback Machine
- The "Fish" exercise
- KI: A Road That Anyone Can Walk by William Reed.
- Shin’ichi Suzuki Sensei: Head Instructor, Maui Ki-Aikido Archived 2007-10-12 at the Wayback Machine by Christopher Curtis. Aikido Journal.
- Koichi Tohei Archived 2007-08-07 at the Wayback Machine. Aikido Journal.
- Interview with Robert T. Kubo Archived 2007-10-16 at the Wayback Machine by John Goss. Aikido Journal #120.
- United States, History of aikido in the. Archived 2007-10-12 at the Wayback Machine Aikido Journal.
- Francis Takahashi, 6th dan Aikikai, joins Aiki Expo 2005! by Stanly Pranin. Aikido Journal.
- Aikido in the Postwar Years - Part 1: 1946-1956 Archived 2007-10-12 at the Wayback Machine by Stanly Pranin. Aikido Journal
- Interview with Hiroshi Tada Archived 2007-11-21 at the Wayback Machine by Stanley Pranin, 1994. Aikido Journal #101
- Genki Kai by Eric Graf. Aikido Ikeda-Dojo La Chaux-de-Fonds, la Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland, 2003, hardcover.
- Nishi Health System Network