Nishiki Market (錦市場 Nishiki Ichiba) (literally "brocade market") is a marketplace in downtown Kyoto, located on a road one block north and parallel to Shijō Street (四条通 Shijō-dōri) and west of Teramachi Street (寺町通 Teramachi-dōri). Rich with history and tradition, the market is renowned as the place to obtain many of Kyoto's famous foods and goods.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2008)
- Aritsugu is famous for its hand-crafted knives. It was founded by Aritsugu Fujiwara, a master swordsmith, in 1560.
- Daiyasu 大安 (daiysu) is known for their raw oysters.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nishiki Ichiba.|
- Official website ‹See Tfd›(in Japanese)
- Nishiki Market in Kyoto | Japanesquest, Japanesquest
- Nishiki Market, Japan-guide.com
|This Kyoto Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|