||This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009)
Nishisonogi District in Nagasaki Prefecture
Nishisonogi (西彼杵郡 Nishisonogi-gun) is a district located in Nagasaki Prefecture, Japan.
As of January 1, 2009, the district has an estimated population of 72,238 and a density of 1460 persons per km². The total area is 49.54 km².
Towns and villages
- January 1, 1955 the village of Fukuda merged into the city of Nagasaki.
- On January 4, 2005 the towns of Iōjima, Kōyagi, Nomozaki, Sanwa, Sotome and Takashima merged into the city of Nagasaki.
- On March 1, 2005 the town of Tarami, along with the towns of Iimori, Konagai, Moriyama and Takaki, all from Kitatakaki District, merged into the expanded city of Isahaya.
- On April 1, 2005 the old town of Saikai absorbed the towns of Ōseto, Ōshima, Sakito and Seihi to form the new city of Saikai.
- On January 4, 2006 the town of Kinkai merged into the city of Nagasaki.
Coordinates: 32°49′54″N 129°52′05″E / 32.8317°N 129.868°E