Nishitetsu Fukuoka (Tenjin) Station
|This article does not cite any sources. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Location||11-2 2-chōme Tenjin, Chūō, Fukuoka, Fukuoka
|Operated by||Nishi-Nippon Railroad|
|Line(s)||Tenjin Ōmuta Line|
|Opened||April 12, 1924|
|Passengers (FY2006)||140,340 daily|
The station is located on the second floor of the Solaria Terminal Building within the Mitsukoshi Building. It uses the Spanish solution with 3 dead-end lines. After the train arrives, the doors open on the middle platform to let the passengers out. After this, the doors on the opposite side will open and the waiting passengers can enter the train.
- Track 1 - Mainly used by express trains
- Track 2 - Mainly used by local trains
- Track 3 - Mainly used by limited express trains
With the biggest ticket gate, located on the second floor. Access to Solaria Stage (ソラリアステージ? soraria-sutēji) department store via a concourse. There are two station offices, three coin locker rows, an ATM corner and an Internet corner. It is also the nearest exit gate for transfer to the Kūkō Line and Hakozaki Line on the Fukuoka City Subway.
West of the North Exit with access to the Solaria Plaza (ソラリアプラザ? Soraria-puraza) Building.
Located on the first floor. There are coin lockers and a season ticket counter. Transfer to the Nishitetsu Tenjin Bus Center via elevator.
Located on the first floor, facing the road. There is a season ticket counter and it is the nearest exit gate for transfer to the Nanakuma Line on the Fukuoka City Subway.
|Tenjin Ōmuta Line|
- April 12, 1924 - the station opened.
- Around 1935 - renamed Kyūtetsu Fukuoka Station (九鉄福岡駅?).
- September 22, 1942 - renamed Nishitetsu Fukuoka Station (西鉄福岡駅?).
- November 1, 1961 - station moved to 2nd floor.
- September 27, 1997 - improvement work was completed.
- January 1, 2001 - renamed Nishitetsu Fukuoka (Tenjin) Station.
In fiscal 2006 the stations was used by an average of 140,340 passengers daily.
|This Fukuoka Prefecture railroad station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|