Nissan QR engine
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A Nissan QR25DE Engine
|Manufacturer||Nissan (Nissan Machinery)|
|Displacement||2.0–2.5 L (1,998–2,488 cc)|
|Cylinder bore||89 mm (3.5 in)|
|Piston stroke||80.3 mm (3.16 in)|
100 mm (3.94 in)
|Valvetrain||DOHC 4 valves x cyl. with VVT|
|Supercharger||On QR25DER only|
|Fuel system||Direct injection|
|Power output||140–250 hp (104–186 kW; 142–253 PS)|
|Torque output||200–330 N⋅m (148–243 lb⋅ft)|
|Predecessor||Nissan SR engine|
Nissan KA engine
The QR family of inline-four piston engines by Nissan were introduced in 2000 and range from 2.0 to 2.5 L (1,998 to 2,488 cc) in displacement. These motors are aluminum, dual overhead camshaft (DOHC), four-valve designs with variable valve timing and optional direct injection.
The 2.0 L (1,998 cc) QR20DE produces 147 hp (110 kW; 149 PS) and 200 N⋅m (148 lb⋅ft) The bore and stroke is 89 mm × 80.3 mm (3.50 in × 3.16 in) and a compression ratio of 9.9:1. The QR20DE was replaced with the MR20DE.
- 2001-2007 Nissan X-Trail T30 140 hp (104 kW; 142 PS)
- 2001-2007 Nissan Primera P12
- 2002–present Nissan Serena C24, 145 hp (108 kW; 147 PS)
- 2003-2008 Nissan Teana Sentra in U.S J31, 145 hp (108 kW; 147 PS)
- 2001-2005 Nissan Wingroad Y11
- 2002-2005 Nissan Avenir W11
- 2001-2004 Nissan Prairie M12
- 2000-2004 Nissan Bluebird Sylphy
The QR25DE is a 2.5 L (2,488 cc) variant built with cast steel connecting rods, a steel timing chain, counter-rotating balance shafts, and an aluminum intake manifold. The engine bore and stroke is 89 mm × 100 mm (3.50 in × 3.94 in) and a compression ratio ranging from 9.5:1 to 10.5:1 depending on the vehicle.
Output is rated 175 hp (130 kW; 177 PS) at 6000 rpm with 244 N⋅m (180 lb⋅ft) of torque at 4000 rpm in the Altima 2.5 and Sentra SE-R models. Altimas that are PZEV compliant create 170 hp (127 kW; 172 PS) and 175 lb⋅ft (237 N⋅m) of torque. In the 2005+ Nissan Frontier the QR25DE generates 152 hp (113 kW; 154 PS) and 171 lb⋅ft (232 N⋅m) of torque.
The revised QR25DE found in the 2007+ Sentra, Altima, Rogue, etc. has a number of improvements over the older QR25DE. These include:
- A simpler, larger diameter single path resin intake manifold replaced the old dual path design. (Note: California emissions models do have a swirl control valve located in the intake)
- Revised piston crown shape to support a higher compression ratio of 9.6:1.(10.5:1 in Sentra SE-R Spec V.)
- The balancer system has been moved back slightly from the crank pulley to a more centric location in the block.
- Revised cam shaft profile.
- Reinforced connecting rods only available in the Sentra SE-R Spec V 2007-2012 .
- Reduced friction likely through Nissan's extensive use of coatings on pistons, journal bearings, etc.
- Additional engine mount on the top of the motor, pulley side.
- Higher rev limit and improved power output.
The QR25DD is similar to the QR25DE but increases the compression ratio to 10.5:1 and includes direct injection. This engine is also the first QR to use DLC coating on the valve lifter buckets for reduced friction. It produces 168 hp (125 kW; 170 PS) and 245 N⋅m (181 lb⋅ft).
- 2002-2006 Nissan Primera P12 (JDM)
The QR25DER is similar to the QR25DE but has a supercharger for increased power and is coupled with a 15 kW (20 hp) electric motor, Dual Clutch System, and lithium-ion battery for increased fuel efficiency. The engine has a compression ratio of 9.1:1 and produces a combined 250 hp (186 kW; 253 PS) at 5600 rpm and 243 lb⋅ft (329 N⋅m) at 3600 rpm. 
- 2014 - 2015 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid
- 2016 only Nissan Murano Hybrid
- 2014 - 2017 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid
- "2007 Nissan Altima overview"
- "2007 Nissan Altima specifications"
- "2006 Nissan Altima specifications"
- "2006 Nissan Frontier specifications
- "2006 Nissan Sentra specifications"
- "Global Vehicles", by Jack Yamaguchi, "Automotive Engineering International", June 2001, retrieved June 29, 2006
- "NTB03070 Nissan technical service bulletin regarding engine precatalyst failure"
- "NTB06045 Nissan technical service bulletin regarding low oil levels"
- "NTB05058 Nissan technical service bulletin regarding power valve screws"
- "Road Test: 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R" by Josh Jacquot, "SportCompactCar", December 2001, retrieved June 26, 2006
- "Technobabble: December 2001 by Dave Coleman, "SportCompactCar", December 2001, retrieved June 26, 2006