Nissan QR engine
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Nissan QR engine|
|Manufacturer||Nissan (Nissan Machinery)|
|Configuration||Inline Four Cylinder|
|Predecessor||Nissan SR engine
Nissan KA engine
The QR family of straight-4 piston engines by Nissan were introduced in 2000 and range from 2.0 L to 2.5 L in displacement. These motors are aluminum, dual overhead camshaft (DOHC), four-valve designs with variable valve timing and optional direct injection.
- 2001-2007 Nissan X-Trail T30 (140 hp)
- 2001-2007 Nissan Primera P12
- 2002–present Nissan Serena C24, 145 hp (108 kW)
- 2003-2008 Nissan Teana J31, 145 hp (108 kW)
- 2001-2005 Nissan Wingroad Y11
- 2002-2005 Nissan Avenir W11
- 2001-2004 Nissan Prairie M12
- 2000-2004 Nissan Bluebird Sylphy
The QR25DE is a 2.5 L (2488 cc) variant built with cast steel connecting rods, a steel timing chain, counter-rotating balance shafts, and an aluminum intake manifold. The engine bore is 89 mm with a stroke of 100 mm and a compression ratio ranging from 9.5:1 to 10.5:1 depending on the vehicle.
Output is rated 175 hp (130 kW) at 6000 rpm with 180 lb·ft (244 N·m) of torque at 4000 rpm in the Altima 2.5 and Sentra SE-R models. Altimas that are PZEV compliant create 170 hp (130 kW) and 175 lb·ft (237 N·m) of torque. In the 2005+ Nissan Frontier the QR25DE generates 152 hp (113 kW) and 171 lb·ft (232 N·m) of torque.
- 1999-2003 Nissan Bassara- 165 hp (123 kW)
- 2001–2005 Nissan Serena C24- 158 hp (118 kW)
- 2001-2007 Nissan X-Trail T30 APEC export version- 178 hp (133 kW)
- 2002-2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R- 165 hp (123 kW) & SE-R Spec V- 175 hp (130 kW)
- 2002-2009 Nissan Presage- 165 hp (123 kW)
- 2002–present Nissan Altima 170 hp (127 kW) to 182 hp (136 kW)
- 2003-2005 Nissan Teana- 160 hp (119 kW)
- 2003-present Nissan Murano (Japan)
- 2005–present Nissan Frontier- 152 hp (113 kW)
- 2007–2012 Nissan Sentra SE-R- 177 hp (132 kW) & SE-R Spec V- 200 hp (149 kW)
- 2007–2011 Nissan Altima Hybrid 158 hp (118 kW), combined 198 hp (148 kW)
- 2007–present Nissan X-Trail T31- 169 hp (126 kW)
- 2007–present Renault Koleos TR25- 169 hp (126 kW)
- 2008–present Nissan Rogue- 170 hp (127 kW)
- 2009–2012 Suzuki Equator- 152 hp (113 kW)
- 2013-present Nissan Teana- 165 hp (123 kW)
- 2013-present Nissan X-Trail T32- 169 hp (126 kW)
- 2016-present Nissan Maxima
The revised QR25DE found in the 2007+ Sentra, Altima, Rogue, etc. has a number of improvements over the older QR25DE. These include:
- A simpler, larger diameter single path resin intake manifold replaced the old dual path design. (Note: California emissions models do have a swirl control valve located in the intake)
- Revised piston crown shape to support a higher compression ratio of 9.6:1.(10.5:1 in Sentra SE-R Spec V.)
- The balancer system has been moved back slightly from the crank pulley to a more central location in the block.
- Revised cam shaft profile.
- Reinforced connecting rods.
- Reduced friction likely through Nissan's extensive use of coatings on pistons, journal bearings, etc.
- Additional engine mount on the top of the motor, pulley side.
- Higher rev limit and improved power output.
- 2002-2006 Nissan Primera P12 (JDM)
The QR25DER is similar to the QR25DE but has a supercharger for increased power and is coupled with a 15 kW electric motor, Dual Clutch System, and lithium-ion battery for increased fuel efficiency. The engine has a compression ratio of 9.1:1 and produces a combined 250 hp (190 kW) at 5600 rpm and 243 lb·ft (329 N·m) at 3600 rpm. 
- 2014 only Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid
- 2016 only Nissan Murano Hybrid
- 2014 - present Infiniti QX60 Hybrid
- "2007 Nissan Altima overview"
- "2007 Nissan Altima specifications"
- "2006 Nissan Altima specifications"
- "2006 Nissan Frontier specifications
- "2006 Nissan Sentra specifications"
- "Global Vehicles", by Jack Yamaguchi, "Automotive Engineering International", June 2001, retrieved June 29, 2006
- "NTB03070 Nissan technical service bulletin regarding engine precatalyst failure"
- "NTB06045 Nissan technical service bulletin regarding low oil levels"
- "NTB05058 Nissan technical service bulletin regarding power valve screws"
- "Road Test: 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R" by Josh Jacquot, "SportCompactCar", December 2001, retrieved June 26, 2006
- "Technobabble: December 2001 by Dave Coleman, "SportCompactCar", December 2001, retrieved June 26, 2006