This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Nita Strauss performing with Alice Cooper in 2017
|Birth name||Nita Strauss|
|Also known as||Mega Murray (stage name)|
December 7, 1986|
Los Angeles, California, United States
|Genres||Heavy metal, hard rock, tribute music|
|Instruments||Guitar, backing vocals|
|Associated acts||First national tour 2003, Kill Slowly 2006–2008, As Blood Runs Black 2009–2010, Jermaine Jackson 2010, Consume The Fire 2011–2013, The Iron Maidens 2011–present, Femme Fatale 2013–present, Critical Hit 2013–present , LA KISS 2014–present, Alice Cooper 2014-present|
Nita Strauss (born December 7, 1986) is an American guitarist. Best known for her work with Iron Maiden all-female tribute band The Iron Maidens, her career has included performing with several rock ensembles such as the band Femme Fatale and the LA Kiss musical backing group. In June 2014, she replaced Orianthi in the band of American hard rock musician Alice Cooper. She was also ranked #1 on the list of '10 Female Guitar Players You Should Know' published by Guitar World.  She comes from a long line of classical musicians - one of her ancestors on her father's side of the family is the Austrian composer Johann Strauss II.
Strauss is featured as the main guitarist on seven songs in Docker's Guild album called The Heisenberg Diaries – Book A: Sounds of Future Past, released on January 21, 2016. Strauss met Docker through their mutual friend Jeff Gilooly
On April 8, 2018, Strauss appeared at WrestleMania 34, playing guitar in a live performance of Shinsuke Nakamura's entrance theme. In March 2018, she started a kickstarter project to fund her own album. According to Nita, she will not be signed to a record label as this will affect the ability of her band to make its decisions.
- Controlled Chaos (TBD)
- "ALICE COOPER Kicks Off North American Tour With Release of "Super Duper" DVD And New Guitarist". June 13, 2014.
- Bienstock, Richard (2015-10-27). "Nita Strauss Proves Shred Guitar's Not Dead". Rolling Stone. New York City, USA. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- Adams, Ryan (October 15, 2015). "No limits for Alice Cooper's shooting star guitarist Nita Strauss". Record-Journal. Meriden, Connecticut USA. Archived from the original on December 22, 2015. Retrieved December 16, 2015.
- "ALICE COOPER Parts Ways With Guitarist ORIANTHI, Taps THE IRON MAIDENS' NITA STRAUSS". Blabbermouth. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- Woods, James. "Guitarist Nita Strauss Talks Touring with Alice Cooper, Gear and Three-Guitar Attacks". www.guitarworld.com. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- "Docker's Guild - The Heisenberg Diaries - Book A". Docker's Guild Official Website. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- Kielty, Martin (9 April 2018). "Watch Nita Strauss Play Shinsuke Nakamura's Theme at WrestleMania". Ultimate Classic Rock. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "NITA STRAUSS On Releasing Solo Album Independently: 'I Didn't Want To Have To Get Anybody's Approval On Anything'". Blabbermouth.net. May 6, 2018. Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- Interview with Nita Strauss Iron Maidens and Consume The Fire
- Nita Strauss – The Iron Maidens, Consume The Fire
- The Complete Interview: Hot Chick in Hard Rock Nita Strauss of The Iron Maidens and Consume the Fire
- Nita Strauss Drop Dead Shred: Sweep City
- Nita Strauss Custom TMNT Ibanez
- Nita Strauss – Much More Than A Maiden – The Rock Guitar Daily Interview
- Interview in italian with Nita Strauss
- Nita Strauss
- Consume The Fire
- The Iron Maidens official site
- Nita Strauss Twitter site
- Nita Strauss Facebook fan page
- Nita Strauss Google+ fan page
- Nita Strauss Reverb Nation page
- Nita Strauss Instagram page
- Critical Hit web site
- Revolver Magazine: The Complete Interview: Hot Chick in Hard Rock Nita Strauss of The Iron Maidens and Consume the Fire
- Nita Strauss on Facebook