Jump to navigation Jump to search
3D model (JSmol)
|Molar mass||160.19 g·mol−1|
|Appearance||Crystals or brown powder|
Except where otherwise noted, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C [77 °F], 100 kPa).
Nithiazine is a nitromethylene neonicotinoid insecticide. It has been classified as a "Bad Actor chemical" by the Pesticide Action Network. It is irritating to the eyes and skin, and is moderately toxic to mammals.
- "Nithiazine - Identification, toxicity, use, water pollution potential, ecological toxicity and regulatory information". PAN Pesticides Database - Chemicals. Pesticide Action Network.
- CSID:5013776, http://www.chemspider.com/Chemical-Structure.5013776.html (accessed 04:44, Jan 14, 2013)
- "nithiazine data sheet". Compendium of Pesticide Common Names.
- "nithiazine (Ref: BA 32476 )". University of Hertfordshire.
- Schroeder, M. E.; Flattum, R. F. (October 1984). "The Mode of Action and Neurotoxic Properties of the Nitromethylene Heterocycle Insecticides". Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology. 22 (2): 148–160. doi:10.1016/0048-3575(84)90084-1.