Nithin Kumar Reddy
30 March 1983
|Residence||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Other names||Youth Star|
|Occupation||Actor, producer, playback singer|
Nithiin Reddy is an Indian film actor and producer known for his works predominantly in Telugu cinema. He is the son of noted Tollywood producer and film distributor Sudhakar Reddy. Nithiin made his film debut in the year 2002 with Jayam, for which he received the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut – South. This film was one of the highest-grossing Telugu films of all time. Nithiin rose to prominence with starring roles in critical and commercial successes such as Dil (2003), Sri Anjaneyam (2004), and Sye (2004). However, Nithiin's career prospect declined for much of the 2000s due to a series of box-office flops following this initial success. In 2009, he made his Bollywood debut with RGV's Agyaat, which failed at the box office.
Nithiin earned a success at the box office after eight years with the blockbuster romantic comedy film Ishq (2012), for which he was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu. Following this, Nithiin managed to establish himself as a leading actor of Telugu cinema by starring in critical and commercial successes such as Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde (2013), which earned him another nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu, Heart Attack (2014), and Trivikram directorial A Aa (2016), which ranks as his highest grossing release. He is referred to as 'Youth Star' by his fans.
He is also a brand ambassador of Cotton King which is the leading chain of shirts for men. He has been listed as Brand Ambassador for Swachh Bharat Campaign along with 9 other personalities for Telangana state by former Indian Union Urban Development Minister and current vice president of India M. Venkaiah Naidu in 2015.
Nithiin was born to noted film producer and distributor Sudhakar Reddy and Laxmi Reddy. He has an elder sister named Nikitha Reddy.
2002−2004: Successful Career Debut
Nithiin started his career with the movie Jayam in 2002, directed by Teja. Sadha played the female lead role and Gopichand played the villan role in the movie. It was remade by Jayam Ravi in Tamil. In 2003, Nithiin acted in the film Dil, directed by V. V. Vinayak. This film is produced by Raju, who got the title "Dil Raju" after this film. Later in the same year, Nithiin acted in the film Sambaram, directed by Dasarath. K. In 2004, Nithiin starred in Sri Anjaneyam, directed by Krishna Vamsi. He played the role as devotee of Lord Hanuman in the movie. This is first time Nithiin dubbed his own voice for his movie, Sivaji dubbed his voice for his earlier films. Shivaji won Nandi Award for Best Male Dubbing Artist for his voice for Nithiin in the movie Dil.
2005−2011: Back-To-Back Flops
In 2005, he acted in two films, Dhairyam in the direction of Teja and Allari Bullodu in direction of Raghavendra Rao. He played dual role in the movie Allari Bullodu. He acquired a six-pack in 2008 for his film, Victory. He made his Bollywood debut with Ram Gopal Varma's Agyaat in 2009. He acted in the films Takkari, Raam, Hero, Drona and Rechipo during this time period. None of the films during this time period became a hit.
In 2012, he acted in the film Ishq, with the female lead played by Nithya Menen and directed by Vikram. The music of this film was composed by Anup Rubens and Aravind Shankar. The film is produced by Nithiin's father Sudhakar Reddy and Vikram Goud. Nithiin sang the song "Lachhamma" in this movie. He was nominated for Filmfare Award for Best Actor in Telugu for Ishq. Nithiin got a success with Ishq after many years. He acted in the film Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde in 2013. Isha Talwar and Nithya Menen played the lead roles along with Nithiin. Indian badminton player Jwala Gutta made a special appearance. Nithiin sang the song "Ding Ding Ding" along with Chaitra, Ranjith, Anup Rubens, Thagubothu Ramesh and Dhananjai in this movie. Later, he acted in Chinnadana Nee Kosam, a film written and directed by A. Karunakaran in 2014. The film was produced by Nithiin's father N. Sudhakar Reddy and sister Nikhita Reddy under their home banner Sresht Movies. In the same year he acted in the film Heart Attack, directed by Puri Jagannadh. He made the role of a hippie and the movie got a mixed reviews. Nithiin has planned to work again with Director Puri Jaganath, but Nithiin announced that the movie was cancelled and that he will see to work with Puri Jaganath in future. He acted in the role of a courier boy in the movie Courier Boy Kalyan, released in 2015, directed by Premsai and produced by Gautham Menon. Nithiin acted in the film A Aa in 2016, written and directed by Trivikram Srinivas, produced by S. Radha Krishna under his banner Haarika & Haasine Creations, the female lead roles were played by Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Anupama Parameswaran. The film became the biggest grosser in Nithin's career.
2017-present: Another Career Slump
In 2017, Nithiin acted in the film LIE which was directed by Hanu Raghavapudi. It garnered average reviews from critics, but the song "Bombhaat" which was composed by Mani Sharma became famous. Despite this, the film could not do well at the box office and ended up as a double disaster.
In 2018, Nithiin's Chal Mohan Ranga directed by Krishna Chaitanya with co-star Megha Akash opened to average reviews from critics. It was criticized for the routine story from Trivikram but was praised for its comedy. The music composed by S. Thaman became very popular. However, this film also ended up as a disaster at the box office. On August 9th, 2018, another film of Nithiin's titled Srinivasa Kalyanam released. It was directed by Satish Vegesna and his co-star was Raashi Khanna. It got average reviews from critics and was a "hat-trick disaster" for Nithiin, as Telugu360 stated.
- Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut – South - Jayam (2002)
- Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu - Ishq (2012)
- Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu - Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde (2013)
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2013||"Ding Ding Ding"||Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde||Anoop Rubens|
As a producer
|2013||Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde||Vijay Kumar Konda||Nithin, Isha Talwar , Nithya Menen|
|2014||Chinnadana Nee Kosam||A. Karunakaran||Nithin, Mishti|
|2015||Akhil: The Power of Jua||V. V. Vinayak||Akhil Akhineni, Sayyeshaa|
- H Hooli, Shekhar (16 June 2015). "Puri Jagannath's New Film Controversy: Charmme Kaur Apologises to Nithiin, Sudhakar Reddy". International Business Times. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- "Exclusive biography of @actor_nithiin and on his life". Retrieved 16 September 2015.
- "Cottonking launches CoolSlubz collection".
- "Nitin launches new shirting line". The Hindu: Mobile Edition.
- Telangana (4 January 2015). "swachh bharat brand ambassador List". www.telanganastateofficial.com. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "18 Telugu People as Swachh Bharat Ambassadors | 9 people each in AP and Telangana as Swachh Bharat Ambassadors". Andhra Pradesh Political News, Telugu Cinema News - APToday. 5 January 2015. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "Nithiin's Sister Nikitha Reddy Getting Engaged Today; Wedding on 15 March". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Jayam (2002) Cast & Crew, Reviews, Photos". Pluz Cinema. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Nandi Awards Nandi Awards - 2003". chithr.com. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Nithin Hits and Flops list - mirchi9.com". mirchi9.com. 8 June 2013. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "IndiaGlitz - Nitins Ishq shooting at brisk pace - Tamil Movie News". www.indiaglitz.com. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Relevant data for Nitin is back with ISHQ film team". www.apherald.com. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "My success journey began from Vizag, says Nitin". The Hindu. 15 May 2013. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde Cast & Crew, Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde Telugu Movie Cast, Actor, Actress, Director - Filmibeat". FilmiBeat. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Nithin - Karunakaran movie launched - Telugu Movie News". 11 December 2014. Archived from the original on 11 December 2014. Retrieved 22 June 2016.CS1 maint: Unfit url (link)
- "Nithin- Karunakaran's movie heroine is Mishti - தமிழ் Movie News". 11 December 2014. Archived from the original on 11 December 2014. Retrieved 22 June 2016.CS1 maint: Unfit url (link)
- "'Heart Attack' Review Roundup: It's Good for Health!". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Hero Nitin's new movie "Courier Boy Kalyan" - The Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Nithin's A Aa Shooting Rapidly". IndustryHit.Com. 7 January 2016. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "A..Aa Biggest Hit In Nitin's Career". Films Crazy. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "A…Aa, a complete family entertainer". The Hindu. 2 May 2016. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Nithiin's LIE closing collections". The Hans India. Retrieved 28 October 2018.
- "Chal Mohan Ranga Closing Collections". The Hans India. Retrieved 28 October 2018.
- "Srinivasa Kalyanam Worldwide Closing Collections : Hat-trick Disaster For Nithiin". Telugu360.com. 11 September 2018. Retrieved 28 October 2018.
- "CHAL MOHAN RANGA CAST, RELEASE DATE, CREW, TRAILER". KNOW ALL 0-9 A-Z.