|Nitin Mukesh Chand Mathur|
Nitin Mukesh in March 2013
|Birth name||Nitin Mukesh Mathur|
|Born||27 June 1950|
Nitin Mukesh is an Indian singer best known for his work as a playback singer in Hindi films as well as Bhajans. He belongs to a Punjabi Kayastha family and is the son of Mukesh (famous singer). He has toured internationally, including to the United States in 1993, and a world tour in 2006 with his show Kal Ki Yaadein as a tribute to his father.
Nitin Mukesh worked with notable music directors like Mohammed Zahur Khayyam, Laxmikant Pyarelal, Bappi Lahiri, Rajesh Roshan, Nadeem Shravan, Anand Milind during the 80's and 90's. He perfectly filled the empty space created by legendary singer Mukesh and voiced for actors like Manoj Kumar, Sashi Kapoor, Anil Kapoor, Jackie Shroff and others.
Songs by film
- "My Name Is Lakhan" (Ram Lakhan)
- "Dil Ne Dil Se" (Aaina)
- "Is Jahaan Ki Nahin Hain" (King Uncle)
- "Chandi Ki cycle" (Bhabhi)
- "paisa bolta hai" (Kala Bazaar)
- "Krishna-Krishna" (Kishan kanhaiya)
- "Tu Mujhe Suna" (Chandni)
- "Jaisi Karni Waisi Bharni" (Jaisi Karni Waisi Bharni)
- "So Gaya Yeh Jahan" (Tezaab)
- "So Gaya Yeh Jahan - Revisited" (Nautanki Saala)
- "Woh Kehte Hain Humse" (Dariya Dil)
- "Zindagi Har Kadam" (Meri Jung)
- "Zindagi Ki Na Toote Ladi" (Kranti)
- "Aaja Re" (Noorie)
- "Wafa Na Raas Aayee, Tujhe Woh Harjayee" (Bewafa Sanam)
- "Duma Dum Mast Kalandar" [Nakabandi]
- "Mere Khayal se Tum" (Balmaa)
- "Zindagi Ka Naam Dosti (Duet/solo)" - (Khudgarz) (1987)
- "Hey Re daya May Apni Daya" Ghar Ghar ki Kahani (1970)-Mukesh,Asha Bhosle,Nitin Mukesh
Work with Other Singers
Nitin Mukesh started his carrier at late 70's and till date got an opportunity to sing duets with notable singers like Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Anuradha Paudwal, Kavita Krishnamurthy & Alka Yagnik. He also sharedmulti singers songs with notable male singers of the industry . Some of the songs are as follows..
|"Hey Re daya May Apni Daya"||Ghar Ghar ki Kahani (1970)||Mukesh & Asha Bhosle|
|Kranti||Kranti (1981)||Manna Dey, Mahendra Kapoor, Lata Mangeshkar and Shailendra Singh|
|Chana Joor Garam||Kranti (1981)||Mohd Rafi, Kishor Kumar & Lata Mangeshkar|
|So Gaya Yeh Jahan||Tezaab (1988)||Shabbir Kumar and Alka Yagnik|
|My Name is Lakhan||Ram Lakhan (1989)||Mohammad Aziz and Anuradha Paudwal|
|Hum Pyar Karte Hai||Dilwale Kabhi Na Hare (1992)||Kumar Sanu and Alka Yagnik|
|Mata Tere Dar Pe||Hum Se Na Takrana (1990)||Shabbir Kumar Shailender Singh and Kavita Krishnamurthy|
|Tu Mujhe Suna||Chandni (1989)||Suresh Wadkar|
- Sabharwal, Manjari (2005-07-01). "Straight answers born on 1951". The Times of India. Retrieved 2008-06-12.
- "Songs From India's Silver Screen". The Washington Post. 1993-08-03. Retrieved 2008-06-12.
- "Nitin Mukesh mesmerises Houston audience". Press Trust of India. 2006-07-24. Retrieved 2008-06-12.
- "President, Bollywood mourn death of Hrishida". The Times of India. 2006-08-27. Retrieved 2008-06-12.
- "An oft-repeated con game". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2008-06-12.
|This article about an Indian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|