Nitin Mukesh in March 2013
|Birth name||Nitin Mukesh Mathur|
|Born||27 June 1950|
Nitin Mukesh Mathur (better known as Nitin Mukesh) is an Indian playback singer known for his work as a playback singer in Hindi films as well as Bhajans. He has toured internationally, including to the United States in 1993, and a world tour in 2006 with his show Kal Ki Yaadein as a tribute to his father.
Nitin Mukesh worked with notable music directors like Mohammed Zahur Khayyam, Laxmikant Pyarelal, Bappi Lahiri, Rajesh Roshan, Nadeem Shravan, Anand Milind during the 1980s and 1990s. He voiced for actors like Manoj Kumar, Sashi Kapoor, Anil Kapoor, Jackie Shroff and others.
Songs by film
- "My Name Is Lakhan" (Ram Lakhan)
- "Dil Ne Dil Se" (Aaina)
- "Is Jahaan Ki Nahin Hain" (King Uncle)
- "Chandi Ki Cycle" (Bhabhi)
- "Paisa Bolta Hai" (Kala Bazaar)
- "Krishna-Krishna" (Kishan Kanhaiya)
- "Tu Mujhe Suna" (Chandni)
- "Jaisi Karni Waisi Bharni" (Jaisi Karni Waisi Bharni)
- "So Gaya Yeh Jahan" (Tezaab)
- "So Gaya Yeh Jahan – Revisited" (Nautanki Saala)
- "Woh Kehte Hain Humse" (Dariya Dil)
- "Zindagi Har Kadam" (Meri Jung)
- "Zindagi Ki Na Toote Ladi" (Kranti)
- "Aaja Re" (Noorie)
- "Wafa Na Raas Aayee, Tujhe Woh Harjayee" (Bewafa Sanam)
- "Duma Dum Mast Kalandar" ([Nakabandi])
- "Mere Khayal Se Tum" (Balmaa)
- "Zindagi Ka Naam Dosti (Duet/solo)" (Khudgarz) (1987)
- "Hey Re daya May Apni Daya" (Ghar Ghar Ki Kahani) (1970)
- "Teri Jheel Si Gehri Ankhon Mein" Dhuen Ki Lakeer (1974)
Work with other singers
Nitin Mukesh started his career in the late 1970s and has sung duets with notable singers like Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Anuradha Paudwal, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Sadhana Sargam and Alka Yagnik. Some of the songs are:
|"Hey Re Daya May Apni Daya"||Ghar Ghar Ki Kahani (1970)||Mukesh and Asha Bhosle|
|"Kranti"||Kranti (1981)||Manna Dey, Mahendra Kapoor, Lata Mangeshkar and Shailendra Singh|
|"Chana Joor Garam"||Kranti (1981)||Mohd Rafi, Kishor Kumar and Lata Mangeshkar|
|"So Gaya Yeh Jahan"||Tezaab (1988)||Shabbir Kumar and Alka Yagnik|
|"My Name is Lakhan"||Ram Lakhan (1989)||Mohammad Aziz and Anuradha Paudwal|
|"Hum Pyar Karte Hai"||Dilwale Kabhi Na Hare (1992)||Kumar Sanu and Alka Yagnik|
|"Mata Tere Dar Pe"||Hum Se Na Takrana (1990)||Shabbir Kumar, Shailender Singh and Kavita Krishnamurthy|
|"Tu Mujhe Suna"||Chandni (1989)||Suresh Wadkar|
- Sabharwal, Manjari (2005-07-01). "Straight answers born on 1951". The Times of India. Retrieved 2008-06-12.
- "Songs From India's Silver Screen". The Washington Post. 1993-08-03. Archived from the original on 2012-10-20. Retrieved 2008-06-12.
- "Nitin Mukesh mesmerises Houston audience". Press Trust of India. 2006-07-24. Retrieved 2008-06-12.
- "President, Bollywood mourn death of Hrishida". The Times of India. 2006-08-27. Retrieved 2008-06-12.
- "An oft-repeated con game". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2008-06-12.
- "Exclusive : Neil Nitin Mukesh & Nitin Mukesh In Conversation With Karan Thapar". Oct 23, 2016.
- "Best With Kishore Sahu as a Playback Artist". RedMux.com. Archived from the original on 12 January 2018. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
|This article about an Indian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|