This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|5th Deputy Chief Minister of Gujarat|
|Assumed office |
7 August 2016
|Chief Minister||Vijay Rupani|
|Preceded by||Narhari Amin|
|Member of Gujarat Legislative Assembly|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Anilkumar Patel|
|Born||22 June 1956|
Visnagar, Bombay State, India
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Children||Jaimin Patel |
Nitinbhai Ratilal Patel (born 22 June 1956) is an Indian politician from Gujarat. He serves as the Deputy Chief Minister of Gujarat since 5 August 2016 and the Minister for Health, Medical Education, Family Welfare, Road and Building, Capital Project. He was formerly the Minister for Water Supply, Water Resources (excluding Kalpsar Division), Urban Development and Urban Housing. He was elected to the Gujarat Legislative Assembly from Mehsana in 2012 and 2017.
Nitinbhai Patel is born on 22 June 1956 in Visnagar. He studied till second year of B. Com. and dropped out. Before entering politics, he worked in cotton and oil factories.
- Parliamentary career: Member, Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 1990–95, 1995–97 and 1998–2002.
- Committee member: Government Assurances, Public Undertakings, Estimates, Treasurer, B.J.P., Empower Committee for the implementation of VAT.
- Minister: Health and Family Welfare, 1995–96, Agriculture, Small and Medium Irrigation Schemes, 1998–99, Small and Medium Irrigation Schemes, Roads and Buildings, 1999–2001, Finance and Revenue, 2001–02, Water Supply, Water Resources (except Kalpsar Section), Urban Development and Urban Housing, 2008-.
President, Kadi Nagarpalika, 1988–90, Mehsana District BJP, 1997–98. Member, Executive Committee Sarva Vidyalaya Kelvani Mandal, Kadi, Executive Committee, Bhagyodaya General Hospital, Kadi, Panjarapole Sanstha, Kadi, Kadi Nagarpalika. Vice-President, Sanskar Mandal, Kadi, Skum Trust School, Thaltej, Ahmedabad. General Secretary, Kadi Taluka Navnirman Committee, 1974, C.N. Arts and B.D. Commerce College, Kadi, 1976. Director, Kadi Agricultural Produce Market Committee, 1984–88, Mehsana District Cooperative Bank Ltd. for eight years. As a 15-year member of Kadi Nagarpalika, he served as Chairman of various Committees including the Executive Committee of Kadi Nagarpalika.
- "Vijay Rupani to succeed Anandiben Patel as Gujarat CM, Nitin Patel to be his deputy". The Economic Times. 5 August 2016. Retrieved 5 August 2016.
- "Vijay Rupani named Gujarat chief minister; Nitin Patel to be deputy CM". The Times of India. 5 August 2016. Retrieved 5 August 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nitin Patel.|
|This article about a Bharatiya Janata Party politician from Gujarat is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|