This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Deputy Chief Minister of Gujarat|
|Assumed office |
7 August 2016
Road and Building
|Born||22 June 1956|
Visnagar, Bombay State, India
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Children||Jaimin Patel |
Nitinbhai Ratilal Patel (born 22 June 1956) is an Indian politician from Gujarat. He serves as Deputy Chief Minister and cabinet minister for Health, Medical Education, Family Welfare, Road and Building, Capital Project. He was formerly Minister for Water Supply, Water Resources, (excluding Kalpsar Division), Urban Development and Urban Housing. He was elected to Gujarat Legislative Assembly from Mehsana in 2012 and 2017. On August 5, 2016, Patel was appointed Deputy Chief Minister.
Nitin Patel is born on 22 June 1956 in Visnagar. He studied till second year of B. Com. and dropped out. Before entering politics, he worked in the cotton and oil factory.
- Parliamentary career: Member, Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 1990–95, 1995–97 and 1998-2002.
- Committee member: Government Assurances, Public Undertakings, Estimates, Treasurer, B.J.P., Empower Committee for the implementation of VAT.
- Minister: Health and Family Welfare, 1995–96, Agriculture, Small and Medium Irrigation Schemes, 1998–99, Small and Medium Irrigation Schemes, Roads and Buildings, 1999-2001, Finance and Revenue, 2001–02, Water Supply, Water Resources (except Kalpsar Section), Urban Development and Urban Housing, 2008-.
President, Kadi Nagarpalika, 1988–90, Mehsana District BJP, 1997-98. Member, Executive Committee Sarva Vidyalaya Kelvani Mandal, Kadi, Executive Committee, Bhagyodaya General Hospital, Kadi, Panjarapole Sanstha, Kadi, Kadi Nagarpalika. Vice-President, Sanskar Mandal, Kadi, Skum Trust School, Thaltej, Ahmedabad. General Secretary, Kadi Taluka Navnirman Committee, 1974, C.N. Arts and B.D. Commerce College, Kadi, 1976. Director, Kadi Agricultural Produce Market Committee, 1984–88, Mehsana District Cooperative Bank Ltd. for eight years. As a 15-year member of Kadi Nagarpalika, he served as Chairman of various Committees including the Executive Committee of Kadi Nagarpalika.
- "Vijay Rupani to succeed Anandiben Patel as Gujarat CM, Nitin Patel to be his deputy". The Economic Times. 5 August 2016. Retrieved 5 August 2016.
- "Vijay Rupani named Gujarat chief minister; Nitin Patel to be deputy CM". The Times of India. 5 August 2016. Retrieved 5 August 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nitin Patel.|
|This article about a Bharatiya Janata Party politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Gujarat politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|