Nitori headquarters in Sapporo
Number of locations
|Akio Nitori (Founder and President)|
Nitori Co., Ltd is a Japanese furniture and home accessories retail company. It is the largest furniture and home furnishing chain in Japan. Founded in 1967 by the company's current President Akio Nitori. Nitori currently has more than 400 stores in Japan, and more than 50 stores in Taiwan, the United States and China.
Nitori's headquarters are located in Sapporo, Japan.
- 1967 Established NITORI furniture store in Sapporo
- 1973 Adopted direct purchasing scheme from vender
- 1975 Built Japan's first air dome opened Nango store
- 1980 Introduced the first automated vertical warehouse in the Japanese distribution industry
- 1986 Began full-scale direct imports of overseas products
- 1987 Invested in furniture manufacture, Marumitsu Woodwork, effectively establishing it as a subsidiary
- 1993 Opened first Honshu store
- 1994 Commenced operations at own plants overseas
- 2000 Opened Kanto distribution center
- 2003 Achieved Sales 100 billion Japanese Yen and 100 stores
- 2004 Entered the online sales business
- 2007 Opened Kaohsiung Dream Time store in Taiwan, the first store overseas
- 2009 Achieved Sales 200 billion Japanese Yen and 200 stores
- 2011 Launched new format "Deco Home" and commenced shopping mall business in operations by NITORI
- 2012 2013 Achieved Sales 340 billion Japanese Yen and 300 stores
- 2013 Opened "Aki-Home", the first store in the United States
- 2014 Opened first store in Wuhan, China
- "Message from the Chief Executive Officer". Nitori Co., Ltd. Retrieved 2016-09-20.
- "Japan furniture seller Nitori's H1 profit hits record, defies yen slide". Reuters. 25 September 2014. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- Harney, Alexandra (7 June 2010). "Nitori Furnishes Japan". Forbes.
- "Corporate History". Nitori. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "About Us". Nitori Co., Ltd. Retrieved 2016-09-20.
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|