Nivå is a town with a population of 7,801 (1 January 2015) in the municipality of Fredensborg on the island of Zealand (Sjælland) in Denmark. Nivå is a residential town on the coast of the Øresund. It has a stop on the Copenhagen – Helsingør Kystbanen rail line.
The town is a home for Nivaagaard museum, marina, and a small shopping center by railway station, which includes a library, Fakta, Netto and Spar supermarkets. The town possesses two schools; Nivå Skole Syd (formerly known as Nivå Centralskole) and Nivå Skole Nord (formerly known as Niverødgaardskolen), whilst a golf course lies to the West. Its landscape is varied and ranges from marshland to suburban habitations. 20% or more of the inhabitants have a foreign background.
For several hundreds of years (until 1980), the town and the surrounding areas and villages, lay ground to three brickyards. Today, the landscape are marked with former clay pits, which now serves as lakes and a marina bassin.
The oldest known ring oven in the world (1870) has been preserved. It used to be a part of the oldest brickyard, Nivaagaard Brickyard (in Danishg: Nivaagaard Teglværk). The brickyard is regularly open for visits each summer.
Nivå Musiklaug holds an annual festival at the Kalvehaven: many talented young musicians play. One of the performers playing at the 2006 event was Danish singer-songwriter Tobias Trier.
Nivaagaards Malerisamling was opened by Johannes Hage in 1908. The house is situated in an extensive park and is full of different varieties of rhododendron. The museum houses art from the Italian and North European renaissance and the Dutch and Danish grotesque.
- Alfred Hage (1803–1872) a Danish merchant, politician, landowner and philanthropist; in 1859 he purchased Nivaagaard and several other farms at Nivå
- Lars Knutzon (born 1941) an actor in the TV-series Borgen
- Claus Christiansen (born 1967) a Danish former football player, 295 Danish caps for Lyngby Boldklub and 5 for Denmark
- Anders Heinrichsen (born 1980 in Nivå) a Danish actor
- Cecilie Wellemberg (born 1994) a Danish model and Miss Universe Denmark 2015, lives in Nivå.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nivå.|
- Nivaagaards Museum
- Galleri Fensmark - Quality art on the internet
- Fredensborg Kommune
- Nivaagaard Ringovns Teglværksmuseum
- Nivå Golf
- Nivå Centralskole
|This Danish location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|