|Founded||November 18, 1996|
|Headquarters||Saint Petersburg, Russia|
Number of employees
Nival is a Russian video game developer headquartered in Saint Petersburg. It was founded by Russian games industry veteran Sergey Orlovskiy in 1996, who currently serves as company CEO. With offices in Hallandale Beach, Florida.; Kiev, Ukraine; Minsk, Belarus and St. Petersburg, Russia, Nival has four development studios.
The company was founded in 1996 as Nival Interactive, and became famous as the developer of several successful role-playing and strategy series, including Rage of Mages (known as Allods in Russia), Blitzkrieg and Etherlords. Nival also developed Heroes of Might and Magic V and two add-ons, published by Ubisoft.
Nival began to self-publish its own games in 2005. Nival finances and publishes external developers including KranX Productions, creators of King's Bounty: Legions and Bytex, developers of Berserk Online.
In early 2005, the part of Nival operating under the name Nival Interactive was bought by Ener1 Group, a Florida-based holdings company, for around US$10 million. On November 30, 2007, Sergey Orlovskiy regained full control of Nival Interactive.
In early 2010, another part of Nival, Astrum Nival, was bought by the largest Russian portal Mail.Ru for more than $100 million, becoming a part of Astrum Online Entertainment. Currently Nival’s internal development studios are focused on PC and mobile projects.
In 2011, Nival Interactive was merged with Nival Network into a new company, called Nival. Nival has developed and launched Prime World, King's Bounty: Legions and has several projects in development. 
In December 2013, Nival raised $6 million in its Series A funding round led by Almaz Capital. The funds will be used for global expansion. 
- Rage of Mages (1998)
- Rage of Mages II: Necromancer (1999)
- Evil Islands: Curse of the Lost Soul (CIS 2000, EU & USA 2001)
- Etherlords (2001)
- Etherlords II (2003)
- Blitzkrieg (2003)
- Silent Storm (2003)
- Silent Storm: Sentinels (2004)
- Hammer & Sickle (Russia 2005, USA 2005)
- Night Watch (Russia 2005, USA 2006)
- Heroes of Might and Magic V (May 18, 2006)
- Allods Online (October 2009)
- King's Bounty: Legions (August 2011)
- Emaki (Summer 2012)
- Prime World (Russia March 2012, Turkey October 2012, USA March 2014)
- Prime World: Alchemy (December 2012)
- Prime World: Defenders (June 2013)
- Etherlords (iOS) (September 2014)
- Prime World: Defenders 2 (December 2015)
- "Sergey Orlovskiy regains full control of Nival Interactive". Nival Interactive. Retrieved June 12, 2009.
- "Consolidation Creates New, Extraordinary Gaming Brand | 2011 | News Feed | News". Nival. 2011-04-28. Retrieved 2012-10-01.
- "Prime World strategy-game developer Nival raises $6M in latest funding round". VBGamesBeat. December 11, 2013. Retrieved January 3, 2014.
- "Prime World: Alchemy (Kindle Tablet Edition)".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nival (company).|