Niwari (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
Niwari Vidhan Sabha constituency is one of the 230 Vidhan Sabha (Legislative Assembly) constituencies of Madhya Pradesh state in central India. This constituency came into existence in 1951, as one of the 48 Vidhan Sabha constituencies of the erstwhile Vindhya Pradesh state.
Niwari (constituency number 46) is one of the 5 Vidhan Sabha constituencies located in Tikamgarh district. This constituency covers the entire Niwari tehsil and part of Prithvipur tehsil of the district.
Niwari is part of Tikamgarh Lok Sabha constituency along with seven other Vidhan Sabha segments, namely, Jatara, Prithvipur, Tikamgarh and Khargapur in this district and Maharajpur, Chhatarpur and Bijawar in Chhatarpur district.
Members of Legislative Assembly
As from a constituency of Vindhya Pradesh:
As from a constituency of Madhya Pradesh:
- 1957: Lakshmi Narayan Nayak, Praja Socialist Party
- 1962: Nathu Ram Niwari, Praja Socialist Party
- 1967: L. Ran, Indian National Congress
- 1972: Lakshmi Narayan Nayak, Samyukta Socialist Party
- 1977: Gauri Shankar Shukla, Janata Party
- 1980: Ram Ratan Chaturvedi, Indian National Congress (I)
- 1985: Ram Ratan Chaturvedi, Indian National Congress
- 1990: Vikram Singh Ahir, Janata Dal
- 1993: Brijendra Singh Rathore, Independent
- 1998: Brijendra Singh Rathore, Independent
- 2003: Brijendra Singh Rathore, Indian National Congress
- 2008: Meera Deepak Yadav, Samajwadi Party
- 2013: Anil Jain, Bharatiya Janata Party
- "District/Assembly List". Chief Electoral Officer, Madhya Pradesh website. Archived from the original on 1 December 2015. Retrieved 20 February 2011.
- "Statistical Report on General Election, 1951 to the Legislative Assembly of Vindhya Pradesh" (PDF). Election Commission of India website. p. 5.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (PDF). The Election Commission of India. pp. 230, 250.
- "Madhya Pradesh Vidhan Sabha General Elections - 2008 (in Hindi)" (PDF). Chief Electoral Officer, Madhya Pradesh website. Retrieved 18 February 2011.