نظام آباد ہوائی اڈا
|Operator||Airports Authority of India|
Nizamabad Airport is a proposed airport near Jakranpalli in Telangana, India. The project site is located on NH-44, 30 kilometres east of Nizamabad. The State Government had proposed to set up regional greenfield airports at Jakranpalli along with other sites in the state in 2008. However, in March 2015, the State Government asked its infrastructure and investment department to put the development of Nizamabad airport on hold due to lack of funds and other issues. Development of the airport will be considered at a later date.
The Airports Authority of India (AAI) inspected the 1,200 acre site and gave its approval for the site in June 2013. However, AAI asked for a total of 1,500 acres to accommodate all necessary airport infrastructure. The cost of construction of the airport will be borne by the State government. In March 2015, The State Government asked the infrastructure and investment department to put the development of Nizamabad airport on hold due to lack of funds and restrictions imposed on developing airports within 150 km radius of the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) at Shamshabad.
The Government of Telangana has finalized proposals for setting up new airports in the state. Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao has given his nod for land acquisition for setting up airport in Nizamabad, the reports will be submitted to the Union Ministry of Civil Aviation for approval. However, doubts are being raised over securing approval for Nizamabad Airport since it cannot meet the norms of having a minimum aerial distance of 125 km from another airport which is already setup in neighboring city of Nanded which is situated at a distance of 100 km from Nizamabad. https://telanganatoday.com/telangana-government-establish-airport-nizamabad-district
- "Telangana govt to take up only three airports for now". The Times of India. 26 March 2015. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
- "Airports at Nizamabad, Ramagundam unlikely". The Financial Express (India). 24 November 2009. Retrieved 29 July 2014.
- "New Jakranpally Airport". CAPA. Retrieved 29 July 2014.
- "More land required for airport at Jakranpally". The Hindu. 7 June 2013. Retrieved 29 July 2014.
- "Telangana govt finalise proposals for setting up new airports plan". deccanchronicle.com. 26 February 2016. Retrieved 19 April 2018.