|Nizamabad Police Commissionerate|
|Motto||Duty, Honour, Compassion|
|Employees||Commissioner of Police |
Additional Deputy Commissioners
Assistant Police Inspectors
|Operations jurisdiction||Nizamabad, Telangana, India|
|Legal jurisdiction||Nizamabad District|
|Governing body||Government of Telangana|
|Parent agency||Telangana Police|
|Cars||Mahindra Bolero 44, Toyota Innova Crysta ~20|
|Motorcycles||Hero Glamour 50|
|Jeeps||Rakshak Jeeps ~50|
The Nizamabad Police Commissionerate or Nizamabad Police, is the local law enforcement agency for the city and district of Nizamabad and is headed by Commissioner of Police. The city police traces its origins to 1847 under Hyderabad State. The whole jurisdiction of the district is administrated by District Police Commissionerate Office located in Nizamabad.
Nizamabad was founded in the year 1905 when Nizam's dominion were recognized. The Nizam of Hyderabad ruled over the Deccan region during 18th century and under his reign the law enforcement agency was formed. The Nizamabad Police was headed by Deputy Inspector General prior to October 2016, when the districts of Telangana were re-organized the Chief Minister, K. Chandrashekar Rao passed a resolution that Nizamabad district police would be upgraded as commissionerate.
The Nizamabad Police Commissionerate is headed by Commissioner of Police, who is an IPS officer. There are 3 Sub-Divisions and each division consists of circles and each circle consists of particular number of police stations. Then again each Circle is headed by a Circle Inspector and every Police station is headed by Sub - Inspector.The whole jurisdiction of the district is administrated by District Police Commissionerate Office located in Nizamabad. The city is also the headquarters for District Armed Reserve Force.
|Nizamabad North||Town Circle, Traffic Circle, North Rural Circle & SHO Zone||08|
|Nizamabad South||South Rural Circle & Dichpally Circle & Dharpally Circle||10|
|Armoor||Armoor Rural & Bheemgal Circle||10|
|Bodhan||Bodhan Rural, Rudrur Circle||07|
In 2015 the state government allotted Police Interceptor Vehicle (Multi-purpose SUV) to maintain law and order, the vehicle is equipped with sophisticated speed camera, Breath Analyzer to find whether anyone was driving the vehicle after consuming alcohol. The vehicle also has a 360 degrees rotating camera to keep an eye on the over speeding vehicles.
In February 2015, Nizamabad Police offered crime reporting service through social network Whatsapp. The SP said that the citizens can send the video or clippings on the mobile number +919491398540 which can help the police nab the criminals.
This is the main branch of the Nizamabad Police which deals with the prevention and detection of crime in the city and district.It is headed by Superintendent of Police. In 2012, with a plan to bring the city under the radar 22 CCTV cameras were installed in the city at 11 important junctions without taking a single penny from the government. Additionally more 50 CCTV cameras were installed in 2015 for strict monitoring of traffic and to avoid conflicts between the communities during the festive season of Eid Ul Azha and Ganesh Chaturti.
Police Control Room Call : 100
Traffic Branch deals with road and traffic safety,traffic regulations, prevention and reduction in the number of accidents. Traffic police use the newly allotted Mahindra Bolero SUV's and the old Rakshak Jeeps for patrolling. The Traffic branch has a Highway patrol unit too. As the city is under CCTV surveillance there is a control room set up for monitoring the traffic and crime.
Substations : Major traffic junctions and public places have a sub-station located near them to avoid public inconvenience.Every sub-station has an Incharge along with 2 police staff for the smooth functioning.
With the aim to curb eve-teasing and harassment against women, Telangana state police launched SHE Teams for every district in the month of April 2015. The five SHE Teams of Nizamabad consists Sub-Inspector of Police, a woman constable and three other constables to protect women from harassment and eve-teasing at public places. The teams have their own vehicles and a police station.
Women's Protection Emergency Call : 1091
Blue Colts is another police force wing inducted for effective policing and to prevent crimes and keep a strict vigil in the city and district. Telangana Government introduced Blue Colts in 2015 and allotted 50 motor vehicles in the district. These teams can reach the interior places where the police Rakshak teams cannot reach in time.
Every police station have their own four wheeler and two wheeler vehicle fleet to patrol in their areas to maintain law and order. There is a night round patrolling party of 5 to 6 police staff in each car patrolling their areas at midnight in the Nizamabad.
- Karimnagar Police Commissionerate
- Hyderabad City Police
- Visakhapatnam City Police
- Bangalore City Police
- "History of Indur". Nizamabad.nic.in. Retrieved 2015-06-06.
- "List of police stations in nizamabad". Nizamabad Police. Retrieved 2015-06-06.
- "Photos of Police Vehicles". Nizamabad PoliceNizamabad.nic.in. Retrieved 2015-06-06.
- "Blue Colts Cops Get New Bikes". Gonizamabad.com. 2015-04-22. Retrieved 2015-06-25.
- "Nizamabad gets Police Commissionerate". The Hans India. 12 October 2016.
- "Police Commissionerate to be set up soon in Nizamabad". Deccan Chronicle. 22 September 2016.
- "Officers Contact List || Police Station Contact List || Police Department, Nizamabad, Andhra Pradesh, India". Nizamabadpolice.com. Retrieved 2015-06-06.
- "Inspectors as SHO || Police Department, Nizamabad, Telangana, India". Nizamabadpolice.com. Retrieved 2015-06-06.
- "Police interceptor vehicle launched in Nizamabad". 3 July 2015 – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Complaints Via WhatsApp".
- "CCTVs lie unused in Nizamabad". Thehindu.com. 4 December 2014. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- "The Hindu : Andhra Pradesh / Nizamabad News : Patrol party saves accident victim". Thehindu.com. Retrieved 2015-06-06.
- "SHE Teams Launched in Nizamabad - The Hans India". Thehansindia.com. Retrieved 2015-06-06.
- S. Harpal Singh. "SHE teams launched in Adilabad, Nizamabad". Thehindu.com. Retrieved 2015-06-06.
- "50 motorcycles presented to Blue Colts teams". M.newshunt.comN. Retrieved 2015-06-06.
- "The Hindu : 9 Kashmiris held in Nizamabad". Thehindu.com. Retrieved 2015-06-06.