|• Body||Delhi Municipality|
|• Official||Hindi, Urdu, English, Punjabi|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Nizamuddin East|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Nizamuddin East|
|Planning agency||Delhi Municipality|
Nizamuddin East is a residential colony in Delhi, India. It is located on Mathura Road and is home to Humayun's Tomb, as well as that of Abdul Rahim Khan-I-Khana. The colony has 286 houses, including Jaipur Estate, and 32 public parks.
Inside the colony is a small center of the Arya Samaj.
Nizamuddin, named after the 13th century Sufi saint, is a centrally located residential area within the ring road. Set in the backdrop of the spectacular Humayun's tomb, to its north and Khan Khana Tomb to its South.
- Hukumat Rai Gandhi, first station master of Nizamuddin Railway Station which caused the founding of the colony and hence the first president of the resident welfare association
- Sheila Dikshit, former Chief Minister of Delhi
- Navin Chawla, election commissioner
- Anjolie Ela Menon, artist
- Vasudeo S. Gaitonde, artist
- Jatin Das, artist
- Nandita Das, actress
- B. C. Sanyal, artist
- Arpita Singh, artist
- Dom Moraes, writer
- Leela Naidu, actress
- M. S. Gill, member of parliament
- Arun Bhatnagar, retired civil servant
- Aman Nath, of the Neemrana Hotels chain
- Sandeep Dikshit, former Member of parliament
- Ajay Jadeja, cricket player
- Ratna Fabri, Museologist
- Dev Benegal, filmmaker
- Shyam Benegal, screenwriter
- Vinod Mehta, journalist
- Mark Tully, BBC journalist
- Ajit Bhattacharjea, Indian Express editor
- The Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station.
- The Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) buses are also run to this suburb.
- Hazrat Nizamuddin Post Office
- Nizamuddin East is home to one of the New Delhi's YMCAs, as well.
- Sunder Nursery