|- Rural locality -
Location of the Sakha (Yakutia) Republic in Russia
|Administrative status (as of June 2009)|
|Federal subject||Sakha Republic|
|Administrative district||Nizhnekolymsky District|
|Rural okrug||Pokhodsky Rural Okrug|
|Municipal status (as of April 2012)|
|Municipal district||Nizhnekolymsky Municipal District|
|Rural settlement||Pokhodsky Rural Settlement|
|Administrative center of||Pokhodsky Rural Settlement|
|Population (2010 Census)||6 inhabitants|
|Time zone||MAGT (UTC+11:00)|
|Nizhnekolymsk on Wikimedia Commons|
Nizhnekolymsk (Russian: Нижнеколы́мск) is a rural locality (a selo) in Pokhodsky Rural Okrug of Nizhnekolymsky District in the Sakha Republic, Russia, located within the Arctic Circle near the East Siberian Sea on the left bank of the Kolyma River near its confluence with the Anyuy, 80 kilometers (50 mi) from Chersky, the administrative center of the district, and 35 kilometers (22 mi) from Pokhodsk, the administrative center of the rural okrug. Its population as of the 2010 Census was 6, of whom 4 were male and 2 female, up from 0 recorded during the 2002 Census.
It was founded as a fort on the Kolyma River in 1644. On May 20, 1931, Nizhnekolymsk became the administrative center of Nizhnekolymsky District, but in 1942, due to constant flooding, the administrative center was transferred to Nizhniye Kresty. Nizhekolymsk had mostly been abandoned by 1968, although a small number of people continued to reside there.
- Alexander Penn (1906–1972), Israeli poet, born in Nizhnekolymsk
- Registry of the Administrative-Territorial Divisions of the Sakha Republic
- Law #173-Z 353-III
- Sakha Republic Territorial Branch of the Federal State Statistics Service. Results of the 2010 All-Russian Census. Численность населения по районам, городским и сельским населённым пунктам (Population Counts by Districts, Urban and Rural Inhabited Localities) (Russian)
- Правительство Российской Федерации. Федеральный закон №107-ФЗ от 3 июня 2011 г. «Об исчислении времени», в ред. Федерального закона №271-ФЗ от 03 июля 2016 г. «О внесении изменений в Федеральный закон "Об исчислении времени"». Вступил в силу по истечении шестидесяти дней после дня официального опубликования (6 августа 2011 г.). Опубликован: "Российская газета", №120, 6 июня 2011 г. (Government of the Russian Federation. Federal Law #107-FZ of June 31, 2011 On Calculating Time, as amended by the Federal Law #271-FZ of July 03, 2016 On Amending Federal Law "On Calculating Time". Effective as of after sixty days following the day of the official publication.).
- Е. П. Сашенков (Ye. P. Sashenkov). На почтовых трактах Севера. (К истории почты Якутии). (On the Postal Roads of the North. (About the History of Yakutia's Postal Service).) (Russian)
- Official website of the Sakha Republic. Registry of the Administrative-Territorial Divisions of the Sakha Republic. Nizhnekolymsky District. (Russian)