|• Member of Parliament||Kakoba Onyango|
|Elevation||1,100 m (3,600 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
Njeru is a town in Buikwe District, in the Central Region of Uganda. It is the largest town in the district. It is mainly a residential town. However, it hosts industries such as East African Packaging Solutions Limited, a manufacturer of paper packaging supplies, Nile Breweries Limited, a subsidiary of AB InBev and Nyanza Textile Industries Limited (Nytil), a textile manufacturer.
Njeru is located approximately 38 kilometres (24 mi) northeast of Buikwe, where the district headquarters are located. This location lies about 7.5 kilometres (5 mi) west of downtown Jinja. The town is located across the River Nile from the city of Jinja and is functionally a suburb of that city. The coordinate of Njeru Town Council are:0°25'52.0"N, 33°08'52.0"E (Latitude:0.431111; Longitude:33.147778).
There are several industries and businesses located in Njeru that provide employment to a significant number of people and contribute significantly to the economy of Uganda. These include but are not limited to:
4. Nile Vocational Institute - A Technical College with over 100 Students founded by German Charity Kindernothilfe
5. Vitafoam Industries - A Factory Manufacturing Mattresses.
6. Njeru Stock Farm - Formerly a government Livestock Farm, now Used as an Army Detach.
Both the old Kampala-Jinja Highway and the new Kampala–Jinja Expressway, pass through Njeru and are part of the northern corridor of the Trans-Africa Highway. The Kampala–Jinja Expressway connects to the Source of the Nile Bridge in Njeru.
In 2014, the national population census put the population of Njeru at 159,549. In 2020, UBOS estimated the population of Njeru at 178,800 people. The population agency calculated the average annual growth rate of the town's population at 1.97 percent every year, between 2014 and 2020.
- Uganda Bureau of Statistics (14 June 2020). "Population of Njeru Town, Buikwe District, Central Region, Uganda" (Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics). Citypopulation.de. Retrieved 5 January 2021.
- Ismail Musa Ladu (17 April 2016). "Nytil Is Moving Up The Textile Ladder After A Turbulent Past". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 5 January 2020.
- Google (5 January 2021). "Road Distance Between Buikwe And Njeru" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 5 January 2021.
- Google (5 January 2021). "Road Distance Between Downtown Jinja, Uganda And Njeru, Uganda" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 5 January 2021.
- Google (5 January 2021). "Location of Njeru Town, Buikwe District, Central Region, Uganda" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 5 January 2021.
- Kakira Sugar Works (5 January 2021). "Madhvani Group: Packaging - East African Packaging Solutions Limited". Kakira Sugar Works. Retrieved 5 January 2021.
- Donald Kiirya (28 September 2018). "Jinja's New Bridge Ready". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 5 January 2021.