Nkechi Justina Nwaogu
|Nkechi Justina Nwaogu|
|Senator for Abia State|
May 2011 – May 2015
|Born||19 May 1956|
|Alma mater||Brunel University|
Nkechi Justina Nwaogu was born in 1956. She received an MSC Management (Finance) 1984, Post Graduate Diploma, Management Studies in 1981 and a Diploma in PRTG Management in 1979.
A former banker, Senator Nkechi was made chair of the Senate Committee on Banking, Insurance and other Financial Institutions. In this position, she pledged support for Scholarship, Interest Free Micro-Credit and Skills Acquisition Schemes. She was reelected in the April 2011 elections.
In December 2011 Nwaogu's April election was overturned by a Nigerian Court of Appeals.
- "Sen. Nkechi Justina Nwaogu". National Assembly of Nigeria. Archived from the original on June 26, 2012. Retrieved 2009-09-14.
- "Nine 'Queens' of the Senate". Daily Trust. 21 October 2007. Retrieved 2009-09-14.
- "Senator empowers communities, cooperative societies with N5m". Guardian Newspapers. January 6, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-14.[dead link]
- ORJI UZOR KALU (10 April 2011). "Orji Kalu Fails; Abaribe, Chukwumerije, Nwaogu Reelected Senators". Online Nigeria. Retrieved 2011-04-20.
- "Senator Faults Appeal Court Ruling on Tenure". This Day Live. 15 December 2011. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "Senator Nkechi J. Nwaogu (website)". Senator Nkechi J. Nwaogu. Archived from the original on July 19, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-14.
|This article about an Abia State politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|