No. 606 Squadron RAF
|No. 606 (Chiltern) Squadron RAF|
Merlin Helicopter carrying 105mm Light Gun with staff from No. 606 Squadron
|Active||1 October 1999 – present|
|Branch||Royal Air Force|
|Part of||Royal Auxiliary Air Force|
|Motto(s)||Steadfast in support|
|Squadron Badge heraldry||A red kite grasping a lightning flash|
|Squadron Codes||BG (Apr 1939 – Sep 1939)|
No 606 (Chiltern) Squadron was formed as a Royal Auxiliary Air Force helicopter support squadron in 1996 at RAF Benson and gaining its official number three years later on 1 October 1999. It provides personnel for the RAF tactical support helicopter fleet and does not operate any aircraft itself.
- "RAF - 606 (Chiltern)". www.raf.mod.uk. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "Sqn Histories 600-610_P". www.rafweb.org. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- Lake, Alan (1999). Flying units of the RAF : the ancestry, formation and disbandment of all flying units from 1912 (1 ed.). Shrewsbury: Airlife. p. 270. ISBN 1-84037-086-6.
- Williams, Simon, ed. (23 September 2016). "606 Squadron hits landmark date". RAF News (1403). Royal Air Force. p. 15. ISSN 0035-8614.
- Squadron history on the official RAF website
- History of No.'s 605–610 Squadrons at RAF Web
- Current page on RAF Reserves website
|This RAF article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|