|Single by Chris Brown|
|from the album Fan of a Fan and F.A.M.E.|
|Released||January 18, 2011|
|Recorded||2010, Richmond, Virginia
(In Your Ear Studios)
|Chris Brown singles chronology|
"No Bullshit" is a song by American recording artist Chris Brown, released as the second single from his second official mixtape Fan of a Fan (2010). The song was originally recorded for and included on Brown's previous mixtape In My Zone (2010), and was later included on his fourth studio album F.A.M.E. (2011). Musically, the song is about Brown encouraging a woman to come back to his apartment in the hope that she will "do it all night".
Initially only released as a B-side to Brown's previous single "Deuces", the song was later released to rhythmic radio on January 18, 2011 as a single in its own right, and peaked at number 62 on the Billboard Hot 100. It was written by Brown, Kevin McCall and Tha Bizness.
AllMusic editor Andy Kellman was positive about the song: "then there was the smoothly percussive “No BS,” a slow jam with chivalrous sweet nothings like “I’m-a leave it in when we do it” and “Don’t you be on that bullshit" but he noted that this isn't albums best. A.V. Club's Evan Rytlewsky described this song as a "after-dark fare." Entertainment Weekly wrote an impressed opinion stating that it leads to intoxicating hooks, calling it "bedroom knocker" and he continued: "which for better (or worse) rivals the bump-'n'-grind heights of '90s Casanova crew Jodeci." David Amidon wrote a mixed review: "But then there are the songs like “No Bullshit” he’ll no doubt be expected to slow his sets with. The “no bullshit” is his ability to make love for an entire night, of course. He’d also prefer that you “don’t be on that bullshit” as far as disbelieving him is concerned."
The music video for "No Bullshit" was directed by Colin Tilley and premiered online on May 24, 2010 along with the video for "Deuces". In the video, Brown is seen wooing and romancing his leading lady. It shows them kissing, licking, and touching on display in the shower, living room, and bedroom. During the video Brown is also seen dancing on a rooftop in a black outfit.The girl in the video is wearing all black.
Credits and personnel
- Christopher Brown - songwriter, lead vocals
- Kevin McCall (K-Mac) - song writer
- Christopher Whitacre - songwriter, producer
- Justin Henderson - songwriter, producer
- Brian Springler - audio mixing
- Ghazi Hourani - assistant audio mixing
|US Billboard Hot 100||62|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||3|
|US Rhythmic (Billboard)||33|
- "Top 40 Rhythimc Future Releases". Allaccess. All Access Music Group. Archived from the original on July 25, 2011. Retrieved 2011-01-14.
- F.A.M.E. (Booklet). Chris Brown. Jive Records. 2011.
- "Chris Brown – Chart history" Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for Chris Brown.
- "Chris Brown – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Chris Brown.
- Andy Kellman (2011-03-22). "F.A.M.E. - Chris Brown | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2014-08-04.
- "Chris Brown: F.A.M.E. · Music Review · The A.V. Club". Avclub.com. 2011-03-22. Retrieved 2014-08-04.
- Brad Wete on Mar 09, 2011 (2011-03-09). "F.A.M.E. Review | Music Reviews and News". EW.com. Retrieved 2014-08-04.
- Amidon, David. "Chris Brown: F.A.M.E.". PopMatters. Retrieved 2014-08-04.
- Rodriguez, Jayson (2010-05-24). "Chris Brown And Tyga Premiere Two Fan of a Fan Videos". MTV News. MTV Networks. Retrieved 2011-01-07.
- "Video: Chris Brown - 'No Bullshit'". Rap-Up. Retrieved 2011-01-07.
- "Chris Brown – Chart history" Billboard Rhythmic Songs for Chris Brown.