No Cars Go
|"No Cars Go"|
|Single by Arcade Fire|
|from the album Neon Bible|
|B-side||"Surf City (Eastern Bloc)" (7")|
|Released||August 6, 2007|
|Arcade Fire singles chronology|
"No Cars Go" is a song by Canadian indie rock band Arcade Fire. It is the fourth single released from the band's second full-length album, Neon Bible. The release date was due to be July 23, 2007 but the release was delayed to August 6, 2007.
Some pressings of the single list the B-side as "Surf City Eastern Block" and some list it as "Surf City Eastern Bloc".
The song was featured in Eric Bana's 2009 documentary film Love The Beast. It is also featured in Mike Mo Capaldi's part in Fully Flared, a skateboarding video released by Lakai Limited Footwear in 2007.
In the UK, the song was also featured in Top Gear's video montage/preview at the beginning of Series Ten, as well as in ITV's coverage of the UEFA Champions League in 2007/8. It has also featured on series 6 of Wheeler Dealers, a motoring programme on the Discovery Channel. In Italy it was used as the main theme of the soccer's Sunday TV-show "Quelli Che Il Calcio" hosted by Victoria Cabello, in 2011.
"No Cars Go" was used by Fox Sports in a post-halftime montage that aired during its coverage of Super Bowl XLII, and for similar segments in other NFL on Fox broadcasts throughout the 2007 season. Following the Super Bowl broadcast, the band said it would consider legal action against Fox, claiming that the network did not seek permission to use the song.
7" vinyl and digital:
- "No Cars Go" (album version) – 5:39
- "Surf City Eastern Block" – 6:22
- "Arcade Fire announce biggest ever UK shows | News". Nme.com. 2007-06-11. Retrieved 2012-04-16.
- "[10x01] October 7th, 2007". Forums.finalgear.com. Retrieved 2012-04-16.
- Andy Gill (2010-07-09). "Arcade Fire, Hackney Empire, London - Reviews - Music". The Independent. Retrieved 2012-04-16.
- Digital Spy: Arcade Fire consider FOX legal action