|Mixtape by Lil Wayne|
|Released||October 31, 2009|
|Label||Young Money, Cash Money|
|Lil Wayne chronology|
|Consequence of Sound|||
No Ceilings is a mixtape by American rapper Lil Wayne. It was scheduled to be released on October 31, 2009, but was leaked before the official date. No Ceilings was officially released on October 31 (Halloween), with 4 additional tracks. The mixtape is available as a free and legal download and it generally received positive reviews from critics.
Lil Wayne had two tracks, "Wasted" and "Swag Surf," both of which were recorded and leaked onto the internet on October 11. These were followed by "Run This Town" on October 25. The majority of the mixtape was leaked out to the public on multiple websites October 26, 2009. The mixtape contains various freestyles over popular rap and R&B songs' instrumentals and features current artists from his Young Money label including Nicki Minaj, Short Dawg, Gudda Gudda, Shanell, Jae Millz, and Tyga. It was officially released on weareyoungmoney.com via a live Ustream video and included higher quality audio as well as 4 additional tracks. The song "Single" was released on May 11, 2010 as a single on iTunes titled "I'm Single", and has charted on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. A video for the track has been shot. The single was also released on Wayne's I Am Not a Human Being album. The song "No Ceilings" was released to iTunes under the title Pop That on the "Loyalty EP" which also included Birdman's new single "Loyalty" which featured Tyga and Lil Wayne. When police pulled over Lil’ Wayne’s tour bus after claiming to smell marijuana, the rapper plead guilty to “attempted criminal possession of a weapon."  Although pleading guilty still landed Wayne in Riker’s Island Prison for a year, it greatly reduced his possible sentence. Lil’ Wayne was dealing with his arrest and charges while writing his mixtape “No Ceilings,” and he actually mentions his arrest multiple times in lyrics throughout the tape.
The Sequel: No Ceilings 2
Main Article: No Ceilings 2
A sequel mixtape, No Ceilings 2, was confirmed on the 6 year anniversary of the original mixtape's release by Mack Maine on his Twitter page. Lil Wayne performed his freestyle over Future's "Where Ya At?" at an event on Saturday and two 30-second clips of that performance can be found online. He also recorded his freestyle over Drake's Back To Back before an interview on October 29th.
|1||"Swag Surf"||4:10||K.E. on the Track|
|4||"Skit #1"||1:18||Gudda Gudda||
|6||"Watch My Shoes"||4:39||Mouse On Tha Track||
|7||"Break Up"||3:48||Bangladesh||Short Dawg & Gudda Gudda|
|8||"Banned From T.V."||2:54||Swizz Beatz|
|9||"Throw It In the Bag"||2:55||Shatek|
|10||"That's All I Have"||3:55||Polow da Don||Tyga & Shanell||
|12||"Wayne On Me"||4:15||The Legendary Traxster||Shanell|
|13||"I'm Good"||2:26||MonstaBeatz||Lucci Lou|
|14||"Poke Her Face"||2:16||Kanye West||Jae Millz|
|15||"Run This Town"||2:49||Kanye West, No I.D..|
|16||"I Got No Ceilings"||3:46||David Guetta||Mack Maine|
|17||"Skit End"||1:36||David Guetta|
|18||"No Ceilings (Pop That)"||3:58||Cool & Dre||Birdman||
|19||"Oh Let's Do It"||3:46||L-Don Beatz|
|20||"I'm Single"||5:33||Noah "40" Shebib, Omen (co.)|
|21||"Sweet Dreams"||4:47||Jim Jonsin, Wayne Wilkins, Rico Love, Beyoncé Knowles||Beyoncé & Nicki Minaj||
- Christgau, Robert. "CG: Lil Wayne". RobertChristgau.com. Retrieved 2013-08-29.
- Coplan, Chris (2009-11-16). "Album Review: Lil Wayne - No Ceilings". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 2013-08-29.
- Breihan, Tom (2009-11-16). "Lil Wayne: No Ceilings". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved 2011-09-09.
- Dolan, Jon (2009-11-09). "No Ceilings". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2013-08-29.
- "Young Money Entertainment". Weareyoungmoney.com. Retrieved 2011-09-09.
- "Lil Wayne Live On Lil Twist TV talking about No Ceilings #LilWayne, Lil Wayne Live On Lil Twist TV talking about No Ceilings liltwisttv on USTREAM. Hip-Hop". Ustream.tv. Retrieved 2011-09-09.
- "Lil Wayne live from the studio on Lil Twist TV for No Ceilings #LilWayne, Lil Wayne live from the studio on Lil Twist TV for No Ceilings liltwisttv on USTR". Ustream.tv. Retrieved 2011-09-09.
- "Lil Wayne saying goodbye from the studio on Lil Twist TV #LilWayne, Lil Wayne saying goodbye from the studio on Lil Twist TV liltwisttv on USTREAM. Hip-Hop". Ustream.tv. Retrieved 2011-09-09.
- "Lil Wayne – No Ceilings (Mixtape) [The Official Version: 4 New Songs & Better Sound Quality]". Nah Right. 2009-10-31. Retrieved 2011-09-09.
- "Loyalty EP on iTunes". iTunes. June 13. Retrieved 18 July 2010. Check date values in:
- "Lil Wayne sentenced to year in jail". Retrieved 2015-06-21.
|This 2000s hip hop album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|