No Earthly Connection
|No Earthly Connection|
|Studio album by Rick Wakeman|
|Studio||Château d'Hérouville, Herouville, France|
|Rick Wakeman chronology|
No Earthly Connection is a studio album by English keyboardist Rick Wakeman, released in May 1976 on A&M Records. After touring worldwide in 1975, Wakeman retreated to Château d'Hérouville in Herouville, France in January 1976 to record a new album with his backing band, the English Rock Ensemble.
The original LP contained a small square sheet of reflective plastic that could be curved into a cylinder, which when placed on the front cover allowed the viewer to see the cover drawing undistorted and with a 3D-like effect. A barely noticeable thin colourful arc on the cover (see picture) appeared then as a rainbow keyboard about to be played by Wakeman's hands, in consonance with the album's theme of a creation myth based on music.
The album is currently available through Real Gone Music.
All lyrics and music by Rick Wakeman.
- Side one
- "Music Reincarnate" – 20:24
- "Part I: The Warning"
- "Part II: The Maker"
- "Part III: The Spaceman"
- "Part IV: The Realisation"
- Side two
- "Music Reincarnate (Continued)"
- "Part V: The Reaper" – 7:34
- "The Prisoner" – 7:00
- "The Lost Cycle" – 7:00
- Rick Wakeman – Mander pipe organ, Hammond C3 organ, 9' Steinway grand piano, RMI Electra piano, Hohner clavinet, Moog synthesizer, Baldwin electric harpsichord, upright honky-tonk piano, Fender Rhodes 88 electric piano, Mellotron, Godwin organ with Sisme Rotary-Cabinet, Systech effects pedals
- Ashley Holt – vocals
- Roger Newell – bass guitar, bass pedals, vocals
- John Dunsterville – acoustic and electric guitars, mandolin, vocals
- Tony Fernandez – drums, percussion
- Martyn Shields – trumpet, flugelhorn, French horn, vocals
- Reg Brooks – trombone, bass trombone, vocals
- Rick Wakeman – production
- Paul Tregurtha – engineer
- Didier Utard – assistant engineer
- Toby Errington – crew in France
- Jake Berry – crew in France
- John Cleary – crew in England
- Tony Merrell – crew in England
- Tony Powell – crew in England
- Fred Randall – personal manager
- Fabio Nicoli – art direction
- Mike Doud – concept/design
- Chris Moore – cover illustrations
- Geoff Halpin – logo design
- George Snow – inner sleeve design
- Mike Putland – photography
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. No Earthly Connection at AllMusic
|This progressive rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|