|Products||Action Sports Apparel|
Number of employees
|Divisions||No Fear MX|
No Fear is an American lifestyle clothing brand that was created in 1989 by Mark Simo, Brian Simo, Boris Said, and Marty Moates. No Fear Inc. products are sold at various retail stores and company owned stores. It also offers No Fear energy drinks under the same brand, in a joint venture with South Beach Beverage Company. The company currently employs about 450 people. On February 25, 2011, they filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The UK-based sports retailer Frasers Group —then known as Sports Direct International— bought No Fear in August 2011.
No Fear T-shirts were very popular from the mid-1990s to early-2000s, peculiarly not having been endorsed by any celebrities. Shirts typically featured existential slogans or quotes that touted the virtues of extreme sports. Common themes included fear of death, lack of laziness, contempt for social norms, and the law.
No Fear Energy Drink
No Fear began distributing a No Fear Energy drink through partnership with SoBe. Flavors and versions currently consist of:
- Original (grapefruit)
- Sugar Free
- Motherload (berry)
- Bloodshot (orange/dragonfruit)
In Europe, they are making a different variety called Extreme Energy in partnership with UK based Aimia Foods.
No Fear began a promotion in 2009 to earn No Fear "cred" by entering codes found under the tab of the cans. Participants can use points earned to acquire No Fear Gear. Grand Prizes include admission to:
On February 12, 2008, World Extreme Cagefighting announced that the No Fear Energy Drink brand had entered a deal with the WEC as the promotion's official presenting sponsor and exclusive energy drink sponsor. The partnership was begun with an event that took place in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the next day.
- "What Happened To No Fear? The Rise and Fall of a SoCal Empire". Racer X Online. Retrieved 2021-03-28.
- Eric Sanderson (March 2, 2011). "No Fear files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy - Bankruptcy News". Bankruptcy Home. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- Gallagher, Victoria (August 30, 2011). "Sports Direct wins battle for No Fear". Drapers. EMAP Publishing Limited.
- Toews, James. "CURRENTLY IN CULTURE: No Fear". M.B. Herald. Vol. 35 no. 14. Archived from the original on November 11, 2003. Retrieved 2008-01-23.
- "No Fear Energy". NoFear.com. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- "No Fear - Earn Some Cred". Pepsi-Cola Company. Archived from the original on June 26, 2009. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- "No Fear Sponsors WEC" (Press release). Las Vegas, NV: WEC Holdings. February 12, 2008. Archived from the original on April 15, 2008. Retrieved 2008-02-12.