No Isolation is a Norwegian startup company from Oslo established October 2015 by Karen Dolva, Marius Aabel and Matias Doyle. The company's mission is “to reduce involuntary loneliness and social isolation by developing communication tools that help those affected.” Their first product, AV1, a robot for children with long-term illness, was launched in the autumn of 2016. Their second product, KOMP, a communication device for seniors, was launched November 2017. No Isolation has won awards for Best Newcomer and Best Social Tech Startup under Nordic Startup Awards in 2016. In 2017, they also received the awards Startup of the Year and Best Social Impact Startup. In 2018, they again got the Social Impact award. No Isolation has their headquarters in Oslo, in addition to having offices in London and Amsterdam. The company currently employs 44 people.
|Founded||October 1, 2015|
Number of locations
|Products||AV1 and KOMP|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||No Isolation BV|
AV1 is the company’s first product. AV1, derived from Audio/Video and Avatar, is a robot that helps combat involuntary loneliness and social isolation for children and young adults with long-term illness. It consists of a camera, speaker and microphone, that helps the child keep up with education in the classroom, as well as stay in contact with family and friends, without being physically present. The robot has two motors, a battery and built-in 4G and WiFi, so that it can be used anywhere. The robot is controlled by a phone or a tablet using a mobile app for iOS and Android.
- "No Isolation". No Isolation.
- "About Us". No Isolation. Retrieved 2018-08-28.
- "Nordic Startup Awards - Season 2016". Nordic Startup Awards.
- "Nordic Startup Awards | National Winners 2017". Nordic Startup Awards. Retrieved 2018-01-18.
- "NordicStartupAwards on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2018-10-15.
- Anthony, Andrew (13 August 2017). "The robot that staves off loneliness for chronically ill children" – via The Guardian.
- "Five companies using robots and AI to make a difference".
- "KOMP – the communication device for seniors". No Isolation. Retrieved 2018-01-16.