No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
|"No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)"|
|Single by The T-Bones|
|from the album No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)|
|A-side||No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)|
|Recorded||December 09, 1965|
|Genre||Pop, instrumental rock|
|Songwriter(s)||Granville Sascha Burland|
In 1965, Dave Pell wanted to record songs based on music from recent TV commercials and release them on 45 RPM singles to see if he could get radio airplay and maybe a hit record. Previously, Liberty Records had used "The T-Bones" as a group name for instrumentals recorded by Los Angeles session musicians The Wrecking Crew, and Liberty told Pell to use it again for his project.
When the single became a hit, Liberty Records needed the T-Bones to go on the road to promote it, but the original session musicians weren't willing to go. They were making a considerable amount of money doing sessions in Los Angeles. So Liberty created a different "public" T-Bones group to appear on record covers, TV, and in concert. The "public" T-Bones were Judd Hamilton, Dan Hamilton, Joe Frank Carollo, Tommy Reynolds, and Gene Pello. None of them played on the hit record.
- Dave Pell, leader
- Perry Botkin, Jr., OM, arranger
- Tommy Tedesco, guitar
- Victor Fledman [sic], presumably Victor Feldman
- Hal Blaine, drums
- Julius Wechter, percussion
- Ervan Coleman,
- Buddy Clark
- Carol Kaye, electric bass guitar
- Lyle Ritz, upright bass
- Harold "Lanky" Lindstrot, engineer
- Evelyn Roberts
- Martin Berman
- Roger Harris, copy
- Robert Ross, copy
- Joe Saraceno, producer
- "Liberty 55836/F-55836 45 single images". 45Cat.com. Retrieved 10 August 2015.
- "American Federation of Musicians contract, #536 The T-Bones" (PDF). WreckingCrewFilm.com. Retrieved 10 August 2015.
- "Top Sellers in Top Markets", Billboard, December 25, 1965. pp. 14-15
- Tedesco, Denny (Director). The Wrecking Crew (DVD extras) (DVD).
- "NO MATTER WHAT SHAPE (YOUR STOMACH'S IN) by THE T-BONES". SongFacts.com. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "The T-Bones - Chart History - The Hot 100", Billboard.com. Accessed July 27, 2016.
- "R.P.M. Play Sheet", RPM Vol. 4, Ed. 21, January 17, 1966. Accessed September 20, 2015
- "Billboard Top LP's", Billboard, March 26, 1966. Accessed July 28, 2016.
- <"Work ID 740418660, No Matter What Shape". ASCAP.com Repertory Search Engine. Archived from the original on March 6, 2013. Retrieved 11 August 2015.