No Me Compares (song)
|"No Me Compares"|
|Single by Alejandro Sanz|
|from the album La Música No Se Toca|
|Released||June 25, 2012|
5:07 (feat. Ivete Sangalo)
|Label||Universal Music Group|
|Producer(s)||Alejandro Sanz, Julio Reyes Copello|
|Alejandro Sanz singles chronology|
"No Me Compares" (English: Don't Compare Me) is a song recorded by the Spanish singer-songwriter Alejandro Sanz. It was released as the first single from his ninth studio album La Música No Se Toca (2012) and based on the opening theme song in the telenovela Amores verdaderos. The song was released for digital download on June 25, 2012 . In the day of release, he put a Lyric video on his VEVO channel on YouTube and at the end of the video, he announced the name of his new album, La Música No Se Toca. The single was nominated for Song of the Year and Record of the Year at the 13th Annual Latin Grammy Awards.
First chorus of the music .
Problems playing this file? See media help.
The song is a romantic song about Sanz telling his love how he feels about her. At the start of the chorus he sings " Vengo del aire, Que te secaba a ti la piel, mi amor ". It means " I come from the air that dried your skin, my love." Also at the end of the second chorus he finished the main part of the song by singing " Yo soy tu alma, Tú eres mi aire." It means " I'm your soul, You're my air."
Alejandro Sanz released the music video on his VEVO Channal on June 29, 2012, four days after releasing the audio. The music video was filmed in Miami. It's about Sanz's memories from his past, which are washing up along the shore. The video starts small with little objects then it gets bigger and bigger . During this time he is getting flashbacks of his childhood which is interpreted by Fabio Leal and a lost love. At the ending she comes back and they walk away with each other. The director of the video was Ethan Lader who has also directed videos for Bruno Mars, Mariah Carey, and Jason Derulo.
On Alejandro's official website, he announced that he will be a part of "Cap Roig Festival 2012" and will perform a concert. Then on his page on the festival's website, they announced that Alejandro will perform "No Me Compares" live for the first time on August 18 in the festival. After that he performed this music on so many stages including his recently worldwide tour and at the 13th Annual Latin Grammy Awards.
Duet version with Ivete Sangalo
"Não Me Compares" entered the Brazilian version of the album. The Brazilian singer Ivete Sangalo sings in Portuguese and Sanz in Spanish. The song was the theme of the couple Giovanna Antonelli and Alexandre Nero novel Brazilian Salve Jorge by Glória Perez writer.
The music video was released on channel VEVO of Sanz on December 18, 2012.
|1.||"No Me Compares"||4:38|
|2.||"Não Me Compares (No Me Compares) (feat. Ivete Sangalo)"||5:07|
|Brazil (Hot 100 Airplay)||45|
|Brazil Hot Pop Songs
(portuguese version) (featuring Ivete Sangalo)
|Honduras (Honduras Top 50)||34|
|Mexico Airplay Chart (Billboard International)||4|
|Mexico (Monitor Latino)||1|
|US Hot Latin Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Latin Pop Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Tropical Airplay (Billboard)||1|
|Year-End Chart (2012)||Peak
- Productores: Julio Reyes Copello, Alejandro Sanz
- Ingenieros de Grabacion: Edgar Barrera, Alejandro Sanz, Julio Reyes Copello
- Mezclada por: Sebastian Krys
- Arreglos y Programacion: Julio Reyes Copello
- Guitarras Acusticas: Andres Castro
- Coros: Robert Elias, Jackie Mendez
- Teclados: Julio Reyes Copello
- Piano: Julio Reyes Copello
- Alejandro Sanz - La Música No Se Toca - All Music
- *Alejandro Sanz, a nominee at the 13th annual latin grammy awards
- *Alejandro Sanz presents the official music video for his first single “NO ME COMPARES”
- *Cap Roig festival : Alejandro Sanz
- "Alejandro Sanz – Chart history" Brasil Hot 100 Airplay for Alejandro Sanz. Retrieved 2013-04-19.
- BPP, ed. (May 2013). "Billboard Brasil Hot 100 Airplay". Billboard Brasil (40): 84–89.
- "Top Nacional". National-Report. Archived from the original on 2012-08-07.
- "Top 50". Fuzion (in Spanish). El Tiempo. 2012-10-04. Archived from the original on 2012-10-05.
- "Mexico Airplay". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. September 9, 2012. Retrieved October 7, 2012.
- "Top 20 General". RadioNotas. Monitor Latino. Archived from the original on 2012-08-07.
- "Spanishcharts.com – Alejandro Sanz – No Me Compares" Canciones Top 50.
- "Alejandro Sanz Chart History (Hot Latin Songs)" Billboard.
- "Alejandro Sanz Chart History (Latin Pop Songs)" Billboard.
- "Alejandro Sanz Chart History (Tropical Songs)" Billboard.
- "Top 50 Canciones Anual 2012". Promuiscae.es. Archived from the original (PDF) on January 27, 2013. Retrieved 2013-01-15.