No More Heroes (The Stranglers song)
|"No More Heroes"|
|Single by The Stranglers|
|from the album No More Heroes|
|B-side||"In the Shadows"|
|Songwriter(s)||Hugh Cornwell, Jean-Jacques Burnel, Jet Black|
|The Stranglers singles chronology|
"No More Heroes" is a song by The Stranglers, released as a single from their album of the same name. It is one of the group's most successful singles (featuring regularly both in greatest hits and punk/new wave compilation albums), having peaked at No. 8 in the UK Singles Chart.
At the time of the single's release, the B-side "In the Shadows" was a non-album track; however, it appeared on the Stranglers' next studio album, Black and White. The band's publishers threatened legal action against Elastica in 1995, arguing that their single "Waking Up" borrowed elements of "No More Heroes". Elastica eventually settled out of court.
A cover of the song by Violent Femmes featured in the movie Mystery Men, and was also heard in two episodes of the BBC television series Ashes to Ashes: episode 1 of Series 1 and episode 4 of Series 3. It was included in the soundtrack to Series 1. The song was featured on the closing credits of TV series Zapped Se2 Ep6.
- "ChartArchive - The Stranglers - No More Heroes". Archive.is. Archived from the original on July 31, 2012. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- Everyhit.com (NB Enter either Stranglers in "Name of artist" and/or No More Heroes in "Title of Song" for details
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 535. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "How depth of heroes has been confused with crass celebrity". The Irish Times. 16 April 2011.
- Stylus Magazine: Elastica