No More Heroes (The Stranglers song)
|"No More Heroes"|
|Single by The Stranglers|
|from the album No More Heroes|
|B-side||"In the Shadows"|
|Genre||New wave, punk rock, post-punk|
|Writer(s)||Hugh Cornwell, Jean Jacques, Burnel, Jet Black|
|The Stranglers singles chronology|
"No More Heroes" is a single by The Stranglers from the eponymous album No More Heroes. It is one of the Stranglers' most successful singles (featuring regularly both in greatest hits and punk/New Wave compilation albums), peaking at No. 8 in the UK Singles Chart.
At the time of the single's release, the B-side "In the Shadows" was a non-album track, but it appeared on the Stranglers' next studio album, Black and White. In 1995 the band's publishers threatened legal action against Elastica, arguing that their single "Waking Up" borrowed elements of "No More Heroes". Elastica eventually settled out of court.
A cover of the song by Violent Femmes featured in the movie Mystery Men, and was also heard in two episodes of the BBC show Ashes to Ashes: Episode 1 of Series 1 and Episode 4 of Series 3; it was included in the soundtrack to Series 1.
- "ChartArchive - The Stranglers - No More Heroes". Archive.is. Archived from the original on July 31, 2012. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- Everyhit.com (NB Enter either Stranglers in "Name of artist" and/or No More Heroes in "Title of Song" for details
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 535. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "How depth of heroes has been confused with crass celebrity". The Irish Times. 16 April 2011.
- Stylus Magazine: Elastica