No Place That Far (song)
|"No Place That Far"|
|Single by Sara Evans|
|from the album No Place That Far|
|Released||September 28, 1998|
|Songwriter(s)||Sara Evans, Tony Martin, Tom Shapiro|
|Producer(s)||Norro Wilson, Buddy Cannon|
|Sara Evans singles chronology|
|"No Place That Far" at CMT.com|
"No Place That Far" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music singer Sara Evans. It was released in September 1998 as the second single and title track from her album of the same name. It was her first Top 40 single on the Hot Country Songs chart, as well as her first number one hit. An acoustic version of "No Place That Far" without backing vocals was included on Evans' compilation album Feels Like Home. Evans wrote this song with Tom Shapiro and Tony Martin.
In it, the female narrator states that she will do anything to keep her lover near her.
Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably, calling it an "evocative ballad that should help her win long-overdue acceptance at country radio." She goes on to say that Evans voice has a "richness and vibrancy that soar powerfully above the fiddle and piano on the lustrous chorus." Price calls the lyric "memorable, poignant - emotional but not mushy."
A music video was released for the song directed by Thom Oliphant. The video takes place in a forest with Evans dressed in a black and red dress with Vince Gill behind her as they perform the song.
The song debuted at number 69 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of October 3, 1998. "No Place That Far" spent thirty weeks on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks charts, peaking at Number One on the chart dated for the week ending March 6, 1999. The song was Evans' first Top 40 country hit on both the country and Billboard Hot 100 charts, peaking at 37 on the latter.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||4|
|US Billboard Hot 100||37|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||29|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||26|
Other cover versions
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 138. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Contemporary Country (1 ed.). Hal Leonard Corporation. 1999. pp. 200–205. ISBN 0-634-01594-X.
- Billboard, November 7, 1998
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 7361." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. March 22, 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Sara Evans Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Sara Evans Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1999". RPM. December 13, 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Best of 1999: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.