No Place to Run
|No Place to Run|
|Studio album by UFO|
|Studio||AIR Studios, Montserrat, AIR Studios, London|
|Genre||Hard rock, heavy metal|
|Singles from No Place to Run|
|Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal||10/10|
No Place to Run is the eighth studio album by the British rock band UFO. It was released in January 1980 (date by official UFO site) by Chrysalis Records. It is the first album to feature Paul Chapman who replaced Michael Schenker on lead guitar.
The album was produced by George Martin, best known for his work with The Beatles. The record cover was issued in several different versions in the UK, although the only difference was the colour of the album title. Two singles were released from the album: "Young Blood" and "Letting' Go".
The album was reissued in 2009, remastered with an expanded booklet and bonus tracks.
- Side one
- "Alpha Centauri" (Paul Chapman) - 2:06
- "Lettin' Go" (Phil Mogg, Pete Way) - 3:51
- "Mystery Train" (Junior Parker, Sam Phillips) - 3:55
- "This Fire Burns Tonight" (Mogg, Chapman) - 4:13
- "Gone in the Night" (Mogg, Way) - 3:47
- Side two
- "Young Blood" (Mogg, Way) - 3:59
- "No Place to Run" (Mogg, Way) - 3:58
- "Take It or Leave It" (Paul Raymond) - 3:01
- "Money, Money" (Mogg, Way) - 3:29
- "Anyday" (Mogg, Way) - 3:48
- CD edition bonus tracks
- "Gone in the Night" (alternative studio version) - 4:05
- "Lettin' Go" (recorded live at The Marquee, London, 16/11/80) - 3:47
- "Mystery Train" (recorded live at The Marquee, London, 16/11/80) - 6:08
- "No Place to Run" (recorded live at The Marquee, London, 16/11/80) - 3:46
- Phil Mogg - vocals
- Paul Chapman - lead guitar
- Paul Raymond - keyboards, guitar, vocals
- Pete Way - bass
- Andy Parker - drums
- George Martin - producer, mixing
- Geoff Emerick - engineer, mixing
- Steve Churchyard - assistant engineer
- Jon Walls - tape operator (Montserrat)
- Nigel Walker - tape operator (London)
|Norwegian Albums (VG-lista)||33|
|Swedish Albums (Sverigetopplistan)||44|
|UK Albums (OCC)||11|
|US Billboard 200||51|
- Jeffries, Vincent. "UFO No Place to Run review". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2011-08-19.
- Popoff, Martin (1 November 2005). The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal: Volume 2: The Eighties. Burlington, Ontario, Canada: Collector's Guide Publishing. pp. 375–376. ISBN 978-1894959315.
- "Norwegiancharts.com – UFO – No Place To Run". Hung Medien. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- "Swedishcharts.com – UFO – No Place To Run". Hung Medien. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- "UFO | Artist | Official Charts". UK Albums Chart Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- "No Place to Run Billboard Albums". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2011-08-19.