No Sacrifice, No Victory
|No Sacrifice, No Victory|
|Studio album by HammerFall|
|Released||February 20, 2009|
|Recorded||PAMA Studios, Sweden
Sonic Train Studios, Sweden, June–November 2008
|Genre||Power metal, heavy metal|
|Singles from No Sacrifice, No Victory|
|Danger Dog |
|Lords of Metal ||(85/100)|
|Metal 1 ||(8.5/10)|
No Sacrifice, No Victory is the seventh studio album by HammerFall and was released February 20, 2009. It was partly recorded in PAMA Studios in Torsås and partly at King Diamond guitarist, Andy La Rocque's Sonic Train Studios in Varberg. This is the first album featuring the band's new lead guitarist Pontus Norgren and the return of bassist Fredrik Larsson who played bass from 1994 to 1997, as well as the first to have the band tuning all of their guitars in all songs to D tuning as opposed to the E-flat tuning seen on all previous albums (they also used D tuning in title track for the album Glory to the Brave). The album was certified gold in Sweden.
The song "My Sharona" was also released as a single, the second single released from this album, and only has one track which has the same name as the song.
|1.||"Any Means Necessary"||Joacim Cans, Oscar Dronjak||3:37|
|2.||"Life Is Now"||Cans, Dronjak||4:45|
|3.||"Punish and Enslave"||Cans, Dronjak||3:59|
|5.||"Between Two Worlds"||Dronjak||5:30|
|6.||"Hallowed Be My Name"||Cans, Dronjak||3:58|
|7.||"Something for the Ages" (Instrumental)||Pontus Norgren, Fredrik Thomander||5:06|
|8.||"No Sacrifice, No Victory"||Cans, Dronjak||3:34|
|9.||"Bring the Hammer Down"||Cans, Stefan Elmgren||3:43|
|10.||"One of a Kind"||Cans, Dronjak, Jesper Strömblad||6:16|
|11.||"My Sharona" (The Knack cover)||Doug Fieger, Berton Averre||3:57|
- Joacim Cans - lead and backing vocals
- Oscar Dronjak - rhythm, lead guitars and backing vocals
- Pontus Norgren - rhythm, lead guitars and backing vocals
- Fredrik Larsson - bass guitar and backing vocals
- Anders Johansson - drums
- Jens Johansson - keyboard solo on "Something for the Ages" and church organ on "Between Two Worlds"
- Stefan Elmgren - additional guitar solo on "Bring the Hammer Down"
- Samwise Didier - Cover art
- Drummer Anders Johansson knew No Sacrifice, No Victory was an important record as it was the first since their debut Glory to the Brave (1997) without the guitarist Stefan Elmgren. But Johansson is confident and explains every song in his own words:
It takes place in the twisted mind of a killer that is on the edge, ticking like a time bomb, 24/7. He sees himself not only as the judge and juror but also as an executor sent from God. It's our first single for this album. It's a mid tempo, sing along-type of song.
A song about life on the road and the importance about living your life here and now. A triplet feel. It's swinging. My personal favourite. It's interesting and not typical HammerFall. Joacim does a great job here.
A chicken race where the outcome will settle the future of the world. A personal favourite, too. Priest-Accept style. A rocker.
After giving in to the three temptations, the same temptations that Satan brought to Eve in the Garden of Eden, a man gets possessed by a legion of demons. He is bound to bring destruction and death to this world unless he finds a way to fight the demons and send them back to Hell. A typical HammerFall-song with Double bass and power metal.
It's about a person caught between two worlds, in desperate need of change. A heavy dark ballad and many people's favourite. The organ is played by Jens, my brother, Johansson. The organ was recorded in Timo Kotipelto's kitchen.
Banned, for something he did not do, and cursed for his believes, Hector is now bound to walk the earth forever. He finds shelter in the dark night and asks for guidance from the sun and the moon. One thing is clear to him: that no matter what they do they can't take away his true identity and name. A heavy mid tempo song.
A song about staying true to yourself while fighting for your beliefs. No matter what happens you should sacrifice your own life rather than fighting dirty and losing your pride and glory. A typical trademark HammerFall song in mid trempo.
A song about the Heavy Metal genre's rise, fall and powerful return. It also describes the spirit inside every metal fan standing united under one flag and one nation. Stefan and Joacim did this one. A heavy double bass.
A story about a handful of brave men that dared to stand up and defend their cursed nation. It's never too late to try and make a change. Faster than we ever recorded. Co-written by Jesper Strömblad from In Flames.
- No Sacrifice, No Victory at AllMusic
- "Hammerfall : No Sacrifice No Victory : Review :: New Music Reviews - Heavy Metal Reviews - Hard Rock Reviews - Progressive Metal - Progressive Rock". Www.Dangerdog.Com. 2009-02-28. Retrieved 2012-03-03.
- "Hammerfall - No Sacrifice, No Victory | Review | Lords Of Metal metal E-zine - issue 89". Lordsofmetal.nl. Retrieved 2012-03-03.
- "HammerFall - No Sacrifice No Victory - CD Review bei". Metal1.info. Retrieved 2012-03-03.
- "Old Mr.MASA - No Sacrifise, No Victory, Track by track with Anders Johansson". Masa91.blogg.se. Retrieved 2012-03-03.
|This article about a 2000s power metal album is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|