No Smoke Without Fire
|No Smoke Without Fire|
|Studio album by Wishbone Ash|
|Wishbone Ash chronology|
No Smoke Without Fire is the ninth studio album by rock band Wishbone Ash. It was the first album since 1972's Argus to be produced by Derek Lawrence. It was also the heaviest Wishbone Ash album in years, featuring rockers like the hit single "You See Red" and the multi-part epic "The Way of the World." Many fans considered this to be a true return to form after their flirt with an "American" sound on their previous trio of albums.
After a 1978 tour to support the album, Wishbone Ash would take a one-year hiatus during 1979 before regrouping for songwriting sessions at the end of the year.
All songs written and composed by Laurie Wisefield except where noted.
- "You See Red" – 6:05
- "Baby the Angels Are Here" (Martin Turner) – 4:50
- "Ships in the Sky" – 3:00
- "Stand and Deliver" – 7:35
- "Anger in Harmony" (Andy Powell/Wisefield/Turner) – 5:06
- "Like a Child" (Turner) – 5:01
- "The Way of the World (Part 1)" – 4:01
- "The Way of the World (Part 2)" – 5:32
- Martin Turner – bass guitar, vocals
- Andy Powell – guitar, vocals
- Laurie Wisefield – guitar, vocals
- Steve Upton – drums