No Time (The Guess Who song)
|Song by The Guess Who from the album Canned Wheat|
|Recorded||1969 at RCA Studio A, New York, New York|
|Label||Nimbus 9, RCA|
|Writer||Randy Bachman, Burton Cummings|
|Canned Wheat track listing|
Cover of the 1970 German single
|Single by The Guess Who|
|from the album American Woman|
|Recorded||August 12, 1969, at the RCA Mid-America Recording Center, Studio B, Chicago, Illinois|
|Length||3:29 (album version 3:50)|
|Writer(s)||Randy Bachman, Burton Cummings|
|The Guess Who singles chronology|
There are two versions of the song. The original 1969 recording was done for The Guess Who's album Canned Wheat. But it is the 1970 re-recording (as featured on the American Woman album) that was released as a single and is the better-known version. This one is slightly faster in tempo and has the two verses transposed. The 1970 single peaked at No. 5 in the U.S. and was the third in a string of No. 1 million-selling singles in Canada for The Guess Who.
This song was also used in the movie Pirates of Silicon Valley.
- Dave Marsh; John Swenson (12 October 1983). The new Rolling stone record guide. Random House/Rolling Stone Press. p. 208. ISBN 978-0-394-72107-1.
- American Woman at AllMusic
- Hall, Russell (27 March 2015). "10 Classic Rock Bands That Deserve Another Look". Gibson Guitar Corporation. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- The Guess Who, "No Time" U.S. Chart Position Retrieved March 7, 2015
- The Guess Who, "No Time" Canadian Chart Position Retrieved March 7, 2015
|This 1960s rock song–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|