|Origin||Massachusetts, United States|
|Labels||No Sleep, Nitro, Bird Attack Records|
The band formed in 2000, with a sound which takes cues from like-minded outfits such as Strike Anywhere and None More Black. The band self-released two demos, one of them a split with Wasteland. By this point the band had started to gain accolades from the webzine likes of Pastepunk and Punknews, the latter of which referred to No Trigger as close to being "the best unsigned band in America".
In late 2004, the band compiled these recordings and remastered the sound for their seven track debut release, Extinction in Stereo, released on independent record label Bigmouth Japan. The players were Tom Ciesluk on bass, Mike Ciprari on drums, Mike Przygoda and John Strada on guitar, Tom Rheault on vocals. The engineers were Will Killingsworth and Nick Rotundo.
A long period of inactivity following Canyoneer lead to speculation that No Trigger had broken up. The band released an update in September 2010 which announced that the original lineup had reformed and were going to release Be Honest, a 7" EP on December 14, 2010. The band announced that they had signed to No Sleep Records shortly after the release of the EP, and anticipate a full-length release in mid-2011. Their second album, Tycoon, was recorded with producer Jay Maas beginning in July, 2011, and was released in early 2012. At that time the release the band members included vocalist Tom Rheault and drummer Mike Ciprari.
Singles & EPs
- The World Is Not a Stage (CD-R) (self-released, 2003)
- No Trigger / Wasteland (CD-R) (self-released, 2004)
- Extinction in Stereo [compilation] (Bigmouth JPN, 2005, New School Records, 2007)
- Be Honest (Mightier Than Sword Records, 2010)
- Adult Braces (Bird Attack Records, 2017)
- "Earthtones" (2005)
- "Fish Eye Lens" (2006)
- "More To Offer" (2007)
- "Tooth" (2011)
- "Dried Piss" (2012)
- "Checkmate" (2013)
- "Dogs On Acid" (2017)
- Tom Rheault – lead vocals
- Brad Rheault – bass guitar
- Jon Strader – rhythm guitar
- Mike Przygoda – lead guitar
- Mike Ciprari – drums
- Billy Bean – guitar (Smartbomb, Outbreak)
- Erik Perkins – drums (Smartbomb, Outbreak)
- Tom Ciesluk - bass guitar (Save Ends)
- Solomos - Roadie Extrodinaire (Wasteland, Another Breath, Static Radio NJ)
- Mike Ciprari- drums (co-founder SJC Custom Drums)
- "No Trigger - Tycoon". Big Cheese Magazine, By Rachel Owen.
- Paul, Aubin (September 7, 2010). "No Trigger announce EP and Full Length plans". Punknews.org. Retrieved September 7, 2010.
- Conoley, Ben (December 22, 2010). "No Trigger to release full-length in 2011". Punknews.org. Retrieved December 23, 2010.
- Kraus, Brian (December 23, 2010). "No Trigger sign to No Sleep Records". Alternative Press. Retrieved December 24, 2010.
- "REVIEW: No Trigger – Tycoon". Under the Gun, February 17th, 2012 Tyler Osborne
- "REVIEW: No Trigger – “Tycoon”". Blare Magazine, Joshua Khan, February 25, 2012.
- Official No Trigger MySpace Page
- Exclusive Interview with No Trigger @ punkshit.org
- Nitro Records
- New School Records
|This article on a United States punk rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|