Bean at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con
Noah Whipple Bean
August 20, 1978
|Occupation||Film, stage, television actor|
|Years active||1998 – present|
Lyndsy Fonseca (m. 2016)
Noah Whipple Bean (born August 20, 1978) is an American actor best known for his roles as Ryan Fletcher on The CW action-thriller series Nikita, as David Connor on the FX legal drama Damages and his leading performance in the independent film The Pill.
Prior to his role on Damages, Bean had a number of minor and less notable roles on the television series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Ed, Joan of Arcadia, Numb3rs, and Crumbs, the films Williamstowne and Stay, and a number of commercials.
He labels his signing on the role of David Connor on Damages, the fiancé of the protagonist, as being "lucky", praising the script of the show and also the fact that it is shot in New York City, where he is currently living. He also says he was aware that his character dies in the first season and was disappointed but "thrilled" for the opportunity to have a full season. He also summarizes working with Glenn Close, Željko Ivanek and Ted Danson as "a dream come true". Bean returned for guest appearances in one episode each of the show's second, third, and fifth seasons.
Bean has also been involved in theatre, Broadway and off-Broadway. His first role was in Philadelphia Here I Come!, a role which he was offered when the originally cast actor left the show four days before the opening. He co-runs a theatre company, Stage 13, with several other actors, directors and playwrights, including Dan Fogler, in New York, and although he prefers screen acting, he says, "I love the theater and would always go back to do a play if it was an exciting project." He appeared as a guest star in the episode "Ability" of the TV series Fringe. In 2015, he starred as Aaron Marker in Syfy's Science-Fiction series 12 Monkeys.
He was also a series regular on The CW television series Nikita, as CIA Agent Ryan Fletcher.
Bean was born in Boston, Massachusetts. As a child, Bean attended Pine Point School and The Williams School in Connecticut. An only child, he describes himself as being so quiet and shy that his school would phone his parents asking whether anything was wrong at home: "I was deathly shy and basically scared of people in general." In high school his mother encouraged him to become involved in drama, which he says helped him open up, "I found when I had a script in my hand I could speak." He later attended Boston University's College of Fine Arts before he was offered his first theatre role by director Michael Ritchie.
The son of Ruth Crocker, an author, and Richard Robert Bean, a housebuilder, Bean hails from Mystic, Connecticut, although he has lived and worked in Los Angeles and is currently[when?] living in New York City. He is friends with actor Seth Gabel and director Jack Bender and also says he has come to be good friends with Damages co-actor and on-screen fiancée Rose Byrne.
Bean has been in a relationship with Nikita co-star Lyndsy Fonseca since 2013. In February 2016 Fonseca announced their engagement, and they were married on October 2, 2016. On September 23, 2017 it was announced that Bean and Fonseca were expecting their first baby, a girl, who was born in February 2018.
|2009||Peter and Vandy||Andrew|
|2011||Ghost of New Orleans||Paul Marais|
|2012||The Break-Up Tour||Mike||Short|
|2012||Beneath the Sheets||Dave||Short|
|2013||Black Marigolds||Ryan Cole|
|2017||My 'Friend' Mick||Niall||Short, post-production|
|2019||The Torture Report||Martin Heinrich||Post-production|
|2000–01||Ed||Tim Cooper||Guest role (season 1)[A]|
|2003||Joan of Arcadia||Officer Osbourne||"Pilot"[A]|
|2006||Crumbs||Paul||"Maybe I'm Tony Randall"[A]|
|2007–2012||Damages||David Connor||Main role (season 1), guest (season 2–3, 5)[A]|
|2008||Medium||Charles Winters||"Drowned World"[A]|
|2008||The Verdict||Nick||TV film[B]|
|2008||Lipstick Jungle||Noah Mason||"Help!", "Let It Be"[A]|
|2008||Private Practice||Shawn||"Crime and Punishment"[A]|
|2009||The Cleaner||Michael Zellman||"Does Everybody Have a Drink?"[A]|
|2009||Dark Blue||Scott Mueller||Guest role (season 1)[A]|
|2009||It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia||Art Sloan||"The Gang Reignites the Rivalry"[A]|
|2010||Cold Case||Dan Palmer||"Two Weddings"[A]|
|2010–2013||Nikita||Ryan Fletcher||Recurring role (seasons 1–2), main (seasons 3–4)[A]|
|2012||Once Upon a Time||Daniel Colter||"The Stable Boy", "The Doctor"[A]|
|2014||Gang Related||Jason Manning||Guest role|
|2015–16||12 Monkeys||Aaron Marker||Main role (season 1), guest (season 2)[A]|
|2016||Elementary||Craig Crismond||"A Burden of Blood"|
|2016||12 Monkeys: Recap/Finale||Aaron Marker||TV film|
|2017||Shut Eye||Foster Hilburn||Guest role (season 2)|
|2017||Civil||Ted Wagman||TV film|
- "Noah Bean '96 - actor". The Williams School. Archived from the original on 2007-12-06. Retrieved 2008-01-05.
- Matt Webb Mitovich (21 August 2007). "Damages' Dead Guy Previews What's Ahead!". TV Guide.
- Jacki Garfinkel (7 August 2007). "Damages' Noah Bean Speaks About the Death of His Character David Connor". Media Village. Archived from the original on 2007-12-25. Retrieved 2008-01-05.
- Elyse Sommer (16 August 2001). "Philadelphia Here I Come, review". Curtain Up. Retrieved 2008-01-05.
- Amrie Cunningham (25 July 2007). "Interview: DAMAGES' Noah Bean". The TV Addict. Retrieved 2008-01-05.
- "Fringe: Ability". TV.com. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- "Watch the Opening Scene From "12 Monkeys"". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- "About Noah Bean". UGO Networks. IGN. allmovieportal.com. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- Joe Tropia (13 December 2007). "Interview: Noah Bean". Broadway.com. Retrieved 2008-01-05.
- April MacIntyre (8 August 2007). "Noah Bean: A Connecticut Yankee in "Damages" court". Monsters and Critics. Archived from the original on 29 January 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-05.
- "Instagram photo by Lyndsy Fonseca • Oct 5, 2016 at 3:07pmUTC". Instagram. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- https://people.com/babies/noah-bean-lyndsy-fonseca-pregnant-expecting-first-child-daughter/. Missing or empty
- https://www.https://www.instagram.com/p/Be6wqvEnLTE. Missing or empty