||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (September 2014)|
October 10, 1980 |
|Alma mater||Youngstown State University|
|Genre||Transgressional fiction, existential|
|Notable works||Best Behavior, The Human War|
Noah Cicero (born 1980) is an American novelist, short-story writer, and poet. He lives in Las Vegas, Nevada. He is the author of six books of fiction and two ebooks.
Cicero's stories, poetry, and essays have been published extensively in magazines such as Scarecrow, Brittle Star, Retort, Nth Position, Black Ice, Identity Theory, Prague Literary Review, and many others. His fiction is anthologized in The Edgier Waters, published by 3:AM Magazine in 2006.
He is considered one of the most prominent and influential members of the alt lit community.
- The Human War (2003, Fugue State Press; foreign publications include Snowbooks, London 2007; as well as editions in Greek and German)
- The Condemned (2006, Six Gallery Press)
- Burning Babies (2006, Parlor Press)
- Treatise (2008, A-Head Publishing)
- The Insurgent (2010, Blatt)
- Best Behavior (2011, Civil Coping Mechanisms)
- Go to Work and Do Your Job. Care for Your Children. Pay Your Bills. Obey the Law. Buy Products. (2013, Lazy Fascist Press)
- Bipolar Cowboy (2015, Lazy Fascist Press)