Noakhali Zilla School
|Noakhali Zilla School|
নোয়াখালী জিলা স্কুল
|School board||Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Comilla|
|Grades||5 to 10|
|Number of students||1500|
Noakhali Zilla School (Bengali: নোয়াখালি জিলা স্কুল) is a boy's high school located in the Maijdee town of Noakhali, Bangladesh. It is one of the oldest schools in the country. The school was established in 1850.
In 1850, Jones, an officer from Ireland, established the school privately in the old town of Noakhali district. After three years of its operation, it was renamed as RK High School. In 1920, the school premise was gone away into the riverbed. It was then shifted to Ghona of Mantiyar located in the east of Mahabbatpur in 1921. Again, it was washed away. The school was then shifted to RK Zubli school on 1 January 1923 and was renamed RK Zila School. In 1931, the school became once again a victim of river erosion and shifted to Bango School and relocated to present place in 1953. It was fully destroyed by striking of cyclone of 1958 and 1970 and then it was reconstructed.
At present it has 3 large buildings, 2 resident hostels for students. There is a big field in the school arena. There are fifty-five teachers and other facilities include big auditorium, canteen, shaheed minar, modern library and it provides modern equipments of lesson. The school has enriched science laboratories. Also the authority of the school organize morning assembly, annual sports and games, annual prize giving ceremony.
Initially the school conducted only one shift. Later two shifts were introduced: morning and day. Presently all the classes from 5 to 10 are running. There are four sections in each of the classes: A, B ,C morning shift and A, B ,C day shift.
The uniform is a white shirt with white full pant and white shoes and black belt. The school monogram should contain on shirt's pocket.
Usually students are admitted in class 5 and 6. Admission can be considered in other classes if a vacancy is available or if someone is transferred from some other government school. The admission test is usually taken in the first week of January.
- Red Crescent functions
- Games and sports (Cricket, Football, Badminton)
- Science fair
- Cultural and Religious Programmes
- Study tour
- Muzaffar Ahmed was a noted Bengali politician, journalist and communist activist, popularly known as "Kakababu".
- Sergeant Zahurul Haq was a sergeant of the Pakistan Air Force, killed in jail when he was under trial. Haq was one of the 35 persons accused in the Agartala conspiracy case officially called State vs Sheikh Mujibur Rahman & Others Case of 1968.
- Sadat Hussain was a former Cabinet Secretary and former Chairman of the Bangladesh Public Service Commission.
- A B M Musa was a noted journalist.
- Prito Reza, founder of the Wedding Dairy and Prito Reza Production
- Lipi, Jahanara Akhter (2012). "Noakhali District". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. (eds.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "Noakhali Zila School - Banglapedia". en.banglapedia.org. Retrieved 2017-08-23.
- Roy, Ranjit (2012). "Ahmed, Comrade Muzaffar". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. (eds.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- Rahman, S M Mahfuzur (2012). "Haq, Zahurul". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. (eds.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "History". Noakhali Zilla School.
- সাংবাদিক এবিএম মূসার সংক্ষিপ্ত জীবনী [Short biography of journalist ABM Musa]. bdtoday24.com (in Bengali). 12 April 2014.